PS1/2 A Marvel vs Capcom 2 Rage/Salt Rant

Zee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently got into the Marvel vs Capcom games and tried MVC2 a try.
I fired up the game and selected Arcade. I love the game's assist themed gameplay, and overall beginner-friendliness, you can easily combo and use Hyper (I think it's called Hyper) moves, and then I get to stage 3.
The difficulty skyrocketed and I was met with a startling and angering loss.
Scroll up.
During stage 3 I respected how the AI started going in for openings, and I felt like there was a bit of a challenge, and then the AI began to spam Hyper Moves and Assists, stuff that I personally frown upon when playing against a human, but it's unusual for me to see this kind of spam from an AI opponent.
After multiple continues and a good night's sleep I tried again the next day, I was met with assist and hyper move spam.
So I got pissed, and wrote this forum post on GBATemp to see if anyone else had as much salt as I did when they first played, and if it's an actual thing with the AI or I'm just not good at the game (Probably the latter.).
So has anyone else experienced this kind of difficulty the first time they played?
Let me know down below (Hey that rhymed!).

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep it's quite common in older fighting games.

You just got to learn to counter, block and adapt.

Newer games seem far more forgiving... Especially if they even include single player modes on day of release...

Reactions: Zee_

Zee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it's quite common in older fighting games.

You just got to learn to counter, block and adapt.

Newer games seem far more forgiving... Especially if they even include single player modes on day of release...

I see. Thanks for letting me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8