A little PC help

drobb

Hunter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im looking to get a new pc possibly this friday and im trying to consider price vs power etc and within my budget ive found that i can get one of two systems. Which is the better choice?

I-5 6400 with 8GB, 2133MHz, DDR4, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5 and a 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive

vs

i-7 6700 with 16GB, 2133MHz, DDR4, a AMD Radeon RX 480 with 8GB GDDR5 and a 2TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive

it will be for gaming, but i dont know that i really care to have all the knobs cranked to max. it will most likely get the most use as a general use machine to replace my aging one but i would still like to be able to play at least some of the new games, again maybe they wont be at 4k or whatnot but thats ok for me.

(Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, a 1024MB ATI Radeon HD 4600 with 6.00GB DDR2 @ 399MHz for those that may be curious)

Thanks for any help and comments

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never had an ssd before. I got in recently for my Inspiron r15 and it rocks. The thing boots on in 10 seconds. I'll always have an ssd now for my os drive.
Anyhow, I'd get the first one. Especially if you aren't going to run intense games that you'd even need to max your pc out.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
first one,
i7 doesn't really benefit gaming, it is a better processor, has a better gpu (which you will not going to use anyway)
but for gaming i5 is preeferable, it's a good balance between price and performance..
is that i5 the unlocked model?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi