A little of help needed here

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by oxenh, Feb 27, 2016.

1. oxenh
    OP

oxenh The most unknown member of GBAtemp

Sep 1, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Ok, i was trying to unpack a game and after a few frustrating days, finally made it but only to crush again with a wall.
    I found the sound , the video and the graphics of the game but none of the text script, the only file that i found is one with .dpk extension that i presume it contain the script that i need, the problem is i have no idea how to open/unpack this file.....that´s why i ask for help here.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Minnow

Minnow GBAtemp Fan

Oct 5, 2015
    Canada
    What game is this? Depending on the game, you may or may not be able to edit the script within a GUI (take Pokemon for example). Pretty sure you can through PackHack though, somehow.

3. oxenh
    OP

oxenh The most unknown member of GBAtemp

Sep 1, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I try to decrypt the file included on final fantasy 1 3ds version, that is almost identical as final fantasy 1 psp.
    They also share the same .dpk extension, so i don´t think that will be to hard to exchange the text script.
    Someone made a program that extract the psp .dpk file, the same don´t work on the 3ds .dpk...

Last edited by oxenh, Feb 28, 2016 - Reason: More info
  4. Drwho0894

Drwho0894 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 15, 2015
    The DPK file is a Delphi package file.

I have tried myself in RAD Studio Seattle 10 to open this file in hopes of editing it however I have not been able to open as I keep getting slapped with "Access Violation "boreditu.dll"
    You're welcome to try the program yourself and tell me how it goes. Maybe you will have better luck than me.

Keep me updated.