Hacking A little help pls.. replacing memory card

ill_be_ur_Krillin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, let me tell you whats going on here. My Vita is on 3.68 and I was using h-encore, vitashell, and I had a bunch of NoNpDrm games on the memory card. I was replacing the battery in the vita and didn't think to remove the memory card before taking it apart and fried the memory card. The vita acts like there is no card inserted, h-encore, vitashell and all the games are just gone, I know it's the card bc I tried a friends and the vita recognized it. I'd like to know if I can use a sd2vita now, or do I have to get a new sony memory card to reapply h-encore and install vitashell?Thanks!! PS my friend wont let me use his memory card for anything like this so I cant borrow it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you didn't disconnect the battery while removing it that might have fried it, which one is fried though the card or the Memory card reader in the unit? Maybe post some pictures.

ill_be_ur_Krillin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the card, the reader is working, it reads my friends. Ive read that if you disconnect the battery or the ribbon cable for the mc reader with the card in, it can fry it. It was a dumb mistake, Im just wondering if I have to get a new sony card or if there was a way I could use SD2Vita now (i know I prob have to get the sony one, but Id thought Id ask before I ordered one)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the card, the reader is working, it reads my friends. Ive read that if you disconnect the battery or the ribbon cable for the mc reader with the card in, it can fry it. It was a dumb mistake, Im just wondering if I have to get a new sony card or if there was a way I could use SD2Vita now (i know I prob have to get the sony one, but Id thought Id ask before I ordered one)

on 1000 series you need a Sony Memory card to set up CFW and SD2Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended