A Gateway Update (offline) 2DS users Voting Poll

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 2DSGamerdude, May 8, 2015.

?

A Gateway Update (which is offline) geared towards 2DS users (and old 3DS), but mainly 2DS,

1. gw exploit that allows ds profile to run on newer fw like 7.x -9.x sysnand

78.2%
  2. Cubic Ninja/ZeldaOOT3D Bootmethod (example: GW update 3.1.0/1)

30.9%
  3. homebrew launcher/loader?

10.9%
  4. something completely new?

14.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

2DSGamerdude GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    Hay everyone,
    i was thinking of making a pol to vote for 2DS users to see how many people use 2DS and would strongly like/want a Much needed Gateway 2DS Update that is offline,

as gw has been releasing updates lately for new 3ds mainly but did have some minor support for old3ds/2ds
    Gateway Ultra Beta 3.2 => Emunand Support to 9.7.

here all 2ds users and old 3ds users too, because an update for old 3DS users means 2DS users get the same update as old too, (since the 2DS IS an 3DS engine based system in core without 3D at least)
    can vote for what offline method they would like to see gw team implement in their next/futre gw update (3.2.2+/3.3/3.4 etc)

when alot of 2ds users have voted on an offline mode that they want for 2ds, then i will email gw team with a link to this page and left them know that we are interested in them making a gw update for 2DS users + O3DS that is Offline!

i placed my vote for the update
    +1 for gw exploit that allows ds profile to run on newer fw like 7.x -9.x sysnand

2DSGamerdude

Margen67 likes this.

2. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Why is the 3DS-X Loader smartphone app so underrated ? It literally does what you want, launch the exploit offline.

Obviously I don't mind if they make another way, but I'm pretty sure they're quiet busy with the N3DS updates, because there's still a lot of work that needs to be done (like cracking the new encryption).

3. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    not that i own a 2DS, but i guess they really should add the downgraded MSET method for o3DS/2DS users, if not for their 2DS users, but fr their own inbox's sake, even if it was a half hearted port i.e only works for 9.0-9.2 systems, then its down to the end user to get to that firmware version if it means enough to them same as n3DS users need to buy a game to get their exploit up and running rather than having to port their exploit to everything from 5.x-9.2

2DSGamerdude likes this.
  4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

It would make things simpler if they did, no doubt, but who knows what Team GW thinks.

2DSGamerdude likes this.
  5. julian20

julian20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I use the App. BUT.
    I want using my app and ..... my smartphone hasnt any power more.... I cant play on my 2ds.

6. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Then make sure it doesn't...if you're going on a trip get a charger...

If your 3DS'S battery runs out you won't be able to use it too, pretty sure you find a solution for that.

7. JustPingo

JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    France

People with no phone or jailbroken iDevice?

8. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    Sometimes the console freezes up...Not common but happens.

9. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    How do you think gateway is going to get the ds profile exploit to work on 5.0.0+ firmwares? Nintendo patched it, it's just not available in higher firmwares.

10. JustPingo

JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    France

And then we discovered MSET downgrade with 3.2.

2DSGamerdude and Margen67 like this.
  11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    ........yeah, erm read up on the n3DS methods.....which involves downgrading MSET (the system settings app) to re-enable the exploit even on the n3DS which never even used the 4.x MSET app

12. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    Sleep mode ? Or use your iDevice as a hotspot ? No internet ? Surely someone in your "gang" that you're going on a trip with has internet that you could use for less than a minute.
    At the very least you could downgrade your console to 4.x. if there's absolutely no other choice.

I don't want to sound like I'm against this, I don't care literally, and If Gateway has the time by all means I vote for the MSET downgrade option, however I don't see this being so problematic as some people make it sound :P

13. JustPingo

JustPingo GBAtemp Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    France

The point is you can't downgrade a 2DS lol
    I faced those problems before I could downgrade my O3DS tho. I guess I'm not the only one.

14. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada

Scratch the downgrading part then.

15. Random Joe

Random Joe GBAtemp Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    United States

I have 2 android phones and this app doesn't work on either

Gateway really needs to spend some time to make us 2ds owners happy.

16. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    Gateway should also make their CN exploit like the way Roxas is. Make a homebrew app that launches the menu. Why should people have to remove Ninjhax? Surely it would've been easier for GW to make a .3dsx than making a seperate QR/exploit....

2DSGamerdude and Margen67 like this.
  17. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    The poll looks great guys,
    so is that it for the voting?
    should i send this link to gw team asking for an update for 2ds users?

WhoAmI? likes this.
  18. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    I don't use any of the apps, (all don't work on my phone anyway)
    If i don't have WiFi, i just use my phone as AP to get internet access on my 3DS to boot into GW and then turn AP off again, works always.
    My GW enabled 3DS is on sysnand 9.2 and emunand 9.7, i had it downgraded to 4.5, but besideds the mset exploit i don't see any benefits that i use (xorpads, etc...) so i stick on 9.2, saves me alot of troubles for saves on my real carts

2DSGamerdude and WhoAmI? like this.
  19. 2DSGamerdude
    OP

Apr 6, 2015
    Greece
    this is great, guys!
    keep voting and let's try and get one of the choices in the voting poll to 100%.

when one of the choices in the voting poll goes to 100%
    i will then send gw an email with this page link and letting them know that we are interested in a gw update 2DS.

20. pseudov

pseudov Member

Newcomer
    Mar 23, 2015
    Canada
    It's impossible for one of them to reach 100%, given that more than one choice has received a vote. Although those percentages look off, probably due to the multiple vote option.

Nonetheless, I voted for Cubic Ninja method.