Homebrew Suggestion A Game Save backup/manager as a RCM payload

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone kindly point out any flaws in my theory, but I'm assuming game saves arent uniquely tied to devices, so the importing of game saves themselves shouldn't lead to any online bans from Nintendo. The issue for me however is running any kind of homebrew or CFW even for that matter on a clean Switch device.
So I was thinking maybe if there was a game save manager that ran in RCM mode before the OS is booted, it should in theory allow you to import/export saves without tampering and risking a online ban, right?

So my own personal use case, I have two Switch devices. One for CFW and the other thats completely untouched in terms of any hacking/homebrew/CFWs. Right now the only way to backup saves off my clean Switch would be via homebrew, which kinda soils the device (and makes the idea of having two Switches redundant). I think a save manager as a payload would be a good work around in theory.

Reactions: Garou

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
It's a nice idea, but why not use Atmos (with airplane mode on), EdiZon, and nxmtp? This will allow you to export, and transfer games to the SDCard and then using nxmtp toa computer. all offline. then reboot the device back to OFW before going back online?

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I feel entirely safe with that. I'd still be running a CFW on my clean Switch. And I don't know what kind of logs are being kept of my activity on the device, which could be sent to Nintendo once I turn aeroplane mode off again.
Having a save manager running in RCM mode would surely leave zero trace of any tampering on the device.

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I feel entirely safe with that. I'd still be running a CFW on my clean Switch. And I don't know what kind of logs are being kept of my activity on the device, which could be sent to Nintendo once I turn aeroplane mode off again.
Having a save manager running in RCM mode would surely leave zero trace of any tampering on the device.
It's a nice idea for sure, I just don't know if that's possible. Maybe in Linux 4 Tegra?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump, but I want to transfer my switch save from Splatoon 2 to my girlfriend's switch without getting it banned, and I believe RCM would be the only feasible solution. Any word on if this is possible yet? Like a GodMode-NX? Or hell, an RCM Homebrew launcher without CFW?

Last edited by Jayro,

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to bump, but I want to transfer my switch save from Splatoon 2 to my girlfriend's switch without getting it banned, and I believe RCM would be the only feasible solution. Any word on if this is possible yet? Like a GodMode-NX? Or hell, an RCM Homebrew launcher without CFW?

Part of the Splatoon 2's save is synchronized with the server. You'll get ban eventually if the checksum is not matched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters