Hacking A few questions

pkmanz01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i have a few things to ask. I have done alot of searching and i am tired of looking now.
First off, my card is an R4 Upgrade Revolution for DS (www.r4i-sdhc.com)
1st question:
What are the firmwares i can use for my card, I mean obv i can use the 1.18 kernal from their website but can i use YSmenu or firmware from another card that may be better than the 1.18 kernal (I want the best for my card really)
2nd Question:
Why won't the wifi feature on my r4 card work? there is an auto firmware updater program built in called the "Wifi Engine" and it connects as far as a login server and then it fails.
3rd question:
If i were to get a new card what would you recommend? I have read alot recently that would edge me towards an acekard but i also read the edge card was good so i don't know

pkmanz01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ty for the reply but i already read that post and it didn't help me much. I read on that post that the R4i i have would be best on YSMenu, why is that?

And if anyone could answer my other questions it would be helpful. Ty

pkmanz01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i have the R4i-SDHC (www.r4i-sdhc.com) and the firmware they give but the wifi feature always gets to a certain stage and says Login server connection failed. My w/lan has no protection on because i was trying to connect it.
I am contemplating buying an acekard, from what i have heard they are the best updated and least problems

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah. I'd say get an AceKard 2i for three reasons:
Most members on this forum hate R4s (and so don't own one) and thus will be both unwilling and unable to help you with any further issues that crop up with your R4.
You are unlikely to be able to solve any R4 issues you have, as the the groups that make them just give up on them after a short while.
AKAIO (the AceKard's firmware of choice) is truly exceptional. It looks and runs ten times better than any R4's firmware, and it plays any game you throw at it perfectly.
With an AceKard, you can expect to be able to play any new release with AP a good 3 or 4 months ahead of the users with R4's (that is, if they even do get a fix in the end- which doesn't always happen. There are a lot of old games out there that most R4s can't play).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...