A few questions to help a beginner get set up.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by copypastedelete, May 24, 2017.

1. copypastedelete
    OP

copypastedelete Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    I decided its about time to pick up some flashcards for my DS lite and had some questions. The carts I am looking at getting are a R4i Gold 3DS RTS and a EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pack/EZ-FLASH IV. My understanding is they are the best cards at the moment unless you want to use emulation on a Supercard DSTWO PLUS. Is this correct?

Does any one know where I can find some good up to date usage guides or the manuals for them? I could not seem to find them on the official websites.

Next how is the EZ-FLASH IV vs the EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pack? its not that much more expensive and it supports cheats and works on GBA but I thought I rememer it being a pain to work with. Maybe something about having to use special software to transfer things over but I cant quite remember.

Will a 64GB FAT32 formatted micro SD card work properly in a R4i Gold 3DS RTS or do i need to use a 32GB or less SD card?

Also how is the game compatibility on these carts will most things just work properly out of the box?

Finally are there any reputable and fast USA based sellers because I have heard nds-card.com can be a bit slow at times.

Sorry for the long list of questions and thanks for the help.

Edit: I am pretty sure I have figured out some of the stuff but I still have two major ones I would like have answered before I shell out the cash and order them.

1. Where can I find updated manuals or guides for the R4i Gold 3DS RTS and the EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pack?

2. Will a 64GB FAT32 formatted micro SD card work properly in a R4i Gold 3DS RTS?

Last edited by copypastedelete, May 30, 2017
  2. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Honestly, I would go with the 3-in-1 for GBA stuff just to have it fit flush in your DS Lite. If you foresee you using it on a GBA then get the Flash IV.

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I decided its about time to pick up some flashcards for my DS lite and had some questions. The carts I am looking at getting are a R4i Gold 3DS RTS and a EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pack/EZ-FLASH IV. My understanding is they are the best cards at the moment unless you want to use emulation on a Supercard DSTWO PLUS. Is this correct?
    correct
    Does any one know where I can find some good up to date usage guides or the manuals for them? I could not seem to find them on the official websites.
    I don't think that a manual is necessary.
    Next how is the EZ-FLASH IV vs the EZ 3-in-1 Expansion Pack? its not that much more expensive and it supports cheats and works on GBA but I thought I rememer it being a pain to work with. Maybe something about having to use special software to transfer things over but I cant quite remember.
    The EZ-Flash IV is a standalone flashcard that will play the games directly from the microSD card (with the latest firmware). You needed an application for older versions.
    The EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack normally requires an application to write the games to it. But the feature is included into r4i gold's kernel so that you can select the GBA games directly from the menu like normal DS ROMs.

Will a 64GB FAT32 formatted micro SD card work properly in a R4i Gold 3DS RTS or do i need to use a 32GB or less SD card?
    Idk
    Also how is the game compatibility on these carts will most things just work properly out of the box?
    The r4i gold's compatibility is great (pretty much 100%). The EZ-Flash IV's compatibility is good except for a few problematic ROMs (they were fine when you had to patch the games with the PC software). The 3in1's compatibility depends on the writing software but I think it's good for the r4i gold.
    Finally are there any reputable and fast USA based sellers because I have heard nds-card.com can be a bit slow at times.
    Idk

4. copypastedelete
    OP

copypastedelete Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the information I appreciate it. Glad they updated the software just in time for me to order one. Sorry for the late reply I forgot to check the thread for a few days.