Gaming A choice.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Should I get a net book, a 3DS or a tablet PC and what is a good net book. Because I have $500 (and don't rant because "It's like comparing apples and oranges".)

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well for starters a netbook and 3DS are way different things. What do you need it to do? If you need to edit documents and browse the web but don't need a high power HD machine get a netbook, which go for around $200 maybe less.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Just so you're aware, you know that tablet PCs are not usually meant for art, right?
... I don't do much art the only art I do is on paper..

D

Deleted User

Get a 3DS, save for a flashcart, otherwise wait for OOT & buy SF IV upon release.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
What to get... depends on what you need. Handheld gaming console, pocket computer for basic webs and office work, or this year's "hot gimmick", the Tablet.

Personally, I'd go for the 3DS. Netbooks and tablets (iPad or the new ones coming out this year) are too weak for what I'd want to use them for, and for everything else I've got my smartphone. 3DS is supposed to be $250... so use the remaining $250 for the PSP2 when it comes out. That or save up for the next "hot gadget" that you want to buy in a few months time.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Get an iPad?

Especially if you don't already have an iOS device. For someone with an iPod Touch or an iPhone, there's less reason to get an iPad (though reason enough), but for someone without one, well, you're missing out on a great platform and a great device. The App Store is huge, and a fantastic place to find new software/games/etc., often for free. The perfect place to support indie game development.

Oh, and Plants vs. Zombies (the best version).

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You're wrong, nVidia's 3D so far looks alright (it only has problems with multiple-depth UIs), even if it requires funky glasses. 3DS 3D is the stuff that makes eyes turn to jelly and ooze out of eye-sockets and down your face. Tastes sour.

And there are no gimmicky games for PC... yet. I expect the Kinect will bring its fair share soon enough though...

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hold your cash and wait there will be better stuff out...
Wait for the hype to end over the 3ds and the Ipad. There is a lot of new tablets slated to be realeased that will kick but and have really good functionality.
choosing right now, eh, just wait a month or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.