9.9 to 9.5 system transfer

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by julezS, Sep 8, 2015.

1. julezS
    OP

julezS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    Before I start let me just preface by saying I've searched and came up with a lot of conflicting information.

I've recent purchased a New 3DS on 9.0.0.20 as well as Cubic Ninja(it just came today actually). I understand how to set up a CFW as well as the process to update it to 9.5, is there any way to transfer my NNID and eshop license's to the emunand if the system I'm transferring from is an Old 3DS on 9.9? I don't need to reinstall all of my apps right now, I just want to set up the ability to redownload in the future so I can wipe my old system and get it sold.

2. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    It is not possible. 9.9 device can be transferred to 9.6 or higher firm consoles with firmware spoofing.

3. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    You need to use a third console I think.

(A) O3DS sys9.9 >> (B) O3DS emu9.9 > (B) O3DS emu9.5 >> N3DS 9.5emu

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you're sure?

Zidapi likes this.
  4. Dean_

Sep 11, 2014
    This is explanation for firm spoofing using NTR-CFW. But even if you use free multi patcher, the results will be the same.

5. lemanuel

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Using a 3rd console should be fine since you'll be able to system transfer normally and then you can have both systems with firmware in the compatibility list. Am I wrong?

julezS likes this.
  6. Dean_

Sep 11, 2014
    OK, I see.
    But the way you are suggesting requires a new exploitable o3ds, and downgrading emunand.
    I am not sure downgrading the emunand ensures eligibility.
    And of course, you have to wait a week to transfer to another device right?

7. lemanuel

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    True. There's those disadvantages. But even with those, it's still better than the alternative ("not possible to be done").
    And I believe @Ronhero said it was possible to do it.

Ronhero and Zidapi like this.
  8. julezS
    OP

julezS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    Ah okay, that's what I was afraid of. Maybe I'll just keep it until we here more about kernel exploits on 9.9, I have a lot of software on it I'd rather not buy again.

9. Cosmic_Link

Cosmic_Link Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    You could do it if you had a hardmod on your N3DS. Backup 9.0 NAND, update to 9.9 on N3DS, do system transfer as normal, backup 9.9 NAND, then use this tutorial to manually transfer the content from the 9.9 NAND, back to the 9.0 NAND, write modified 9.0 NAND back to the console then proceed to setup CFW as normal. :D

Dean_ likes this.
  10. julezS
    OP

julezS Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    I just didn't know if spoofing would work since I'm only transferring license's and not the actual games, so no need to worry about encryption.

11. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Quick question. With all 3DS hax accomplishments thus far, is a N3DS>O3DS system transfer possible?

12. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    @Ronhero's method is air tight, and downgrading to 9.5 does ensure eligibility.

You can buy a 2DS to act as the surrogate, they're cheap and exploitable.

If someone is determined enough, then the option is there. Sure it requires a little time and money, but it's not impossible.
    Yeah, don't hold your breath.

If transferring the data is that important, just buy a 2DS and use @Ronhero's method. You can always sell off the 2DS afterwards.

Ronhero, lemanuel and julezS like this.
  13. lemanuel

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    As far as I know, nope.

14. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    It is possible to transfer some stuff manually if memory serves.

lemanuel likes this.
  15. lemanuel

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    I assumed as much. But a completely system transfer, even if manual, is probably impossible, at least for now.
    The "automatic" way will probably never be possible though since Nintendo never intended for it to be possible.

16. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Yeah, there's a lot of differences between the two, a full regular system transfer will result in a brick.

17. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    2ds are soooooo cheap now and Target has the best return policy of the main competitors with 30 days to return that 2ds :evil: Remember there is a 7 day wait from o3ds transfer to 2ds transfer before you can go 2ds n3ds. Also just to be clear EVERY NEW IN BOX 2DS IS 7.2 OR LOWER!

Thanks for everyone who mentioned my guide here is the link if anyone is interested

http://gbatemp.net/threads/system-transfer-old-3ds-to-new-3ds-gateway-emunand.395656/

Also the n3ds to o3ds only works if you have xorpads for both and can bitch a fit about someone stealing your nintendo by guy resembling Wario with a turtle shell pointed to your head.

lemanuel likes this.