Hacking 8Gb SHDC SD Cards

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I purchased one of these SanDisk SHDC 8Gb SD Cards for Rockband 2 DLC's but guess what? My Wii can't use the damned thing >:(

Unfortunately I have no way of formatting this SD card outside of using my Kodak Easy Share camera and even after doing that it won't work. When using the SD Card with an old SanDisk USB SD Card reader Windows will mount it but say there is no disk inserted when trying to access it.

Is there any hope on getting this to work?

Cheers!

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xomp said:
So I purchased one of these SanDisk SHDC 8Gb SD Cards for Rockband 2 DLC's but guess what? My Wii can't use the damned thing >:(

Unfortunately I have no way of formatting this SD card outside of using my Kodak Easy Share camera and even after doing that it won't work. When using the SD Card with an old SanDisk USB SD Card reader Windows will mount it but say there is no disk inserted when trying to access it.

Is there any hope on getting this to work?

Cheers!

You should be able to do it through your camera. I did until I bought a multi card reader.

Use this tool to format it:
http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter/sdfv2000.exe

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went out and purchased a new SD Card reader that supports SHDC SD cards, formatted the card as Fat32 and the Wii still says it cannot be used (not trying through RB2 yet just the system menu, which is 4.0)

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xomp said:
I went out and purchased a new SD Card reader that supports SHDC SD cards, formatted the card as Fat32 and the Wii still says it cannot be used (not trying through RB2 yet just the system menu, which is 4.0)
So when you try to transfer a save for example to your SDHC card, the Wii says it can't?

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, when I try to transfer a game save the options to Move and Copy are greyed out. If I click on Copy anyway it says it cannot use the SD Card that's inserted.

locustlx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for rock band dlc try tricking the game by starting it with the 2gb sd card and switching it out at the main menu it worked for my 4gb sdhd card

also try putting in 6gb of garbage files on the 8gb card (like movies or music) and try transferring saves on wii and see if that works

xomp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to fix my problem by booting up preloader and set it to use IOS60 (it was set to IOS30 by default - just change it to 60). Now my 8Gb card can be used!

odja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have the sam problem. After i set in preloader IOS60 SD Card was see but i can't run fromSD Card Menu World on Goo, failed to launch. on 2 GB card work OK.

runkittyrun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odja said:
I have the sam problem. After i set in preloader IOS60 SD Card was see but i can't run fromSD Card Menu World on Goo, failed to launch. on 2 GB card work OK.

did you try the 2gb card after changing the ios to 60 with preloader, you might not have patched ios60 if both dont work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1