Gaming 7th Dragon III CODE: VFD

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If there's anyone whose getting irritated by the sections where the game forces you to use a different team there's an easy work around. You can just go to Modems and swap the order of your team. It makes it easy to just use your normal team for these sections.
Yeah that's what I did. There was no way I would train and get equipment for other teams.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time it happened I didn't realize you could do it so I ended up getting equips for the second party, but after that I realized that the game could be manipulated so I could just use my main party

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could actually see a speedrun working for this game. While turn based rpgs can't usually be played that way. the variety of classes could probably make it so certain strategies could make it through the game udnerlevelled. I'd be interested to see what someone could pull off.

dragon2014

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
i'm at chapter 5 and the game force me to use my second party but my 2nd pt is weak and i can't leave the dungeon to swap the order of my characters..
i would like to know how could i leave the dungeon without escape kit ( forget it) i was looking for an exit but the game force me to not leave....

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,
i'm at chapter 5 and the game force me to use my second party but my 2nd pt is weak and i can't leave the dungeon to swap the order of my characters..
i would like to know how could i leave the dungeon without escape kit ( forget it) i was looking for an exit but the game force me to not leave....
You can always exit the dungeon, either by the entrance or by one of those blue portal things.

dragon2014

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sadly there are no portal and when i try to go to the entrance the game keep saying me "It's not the direction to achieve the mission"

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
there's always a portal, just try to advance little by little until you get to one.

You can always exit the dungeon, either by the entrance or by one of those blue portal things.

Some areas don't allow turning back for a bit. The very beginning of atlantis and eden comes to mind.

Worst case scenario, you should be carrying the escape item whatever it was.

BTW, people playing VFD should go play the fan translations of 2020 and 7th dragon. Gives some interesting context as to some characters.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
c4cFBpA.png

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have quite a problem in the game right now. I'm on chapter 6 facing
Yuma
and reading around seems that Ex skills are very recomended to beat the boss. The problem is that I've never learned them, I did all the sidequests and kill all the dragons I've encountered.
Now
as everyone is dead, I can't learn anything
. So...I suppose I hit a wall in this situation?. I don't have any save prior to chapter 6 and seems that now I'm unnable to learn the skills.

The Ex skills have specific learn conditions - I recommend talking to the NPC. Obtaining Ex skills is not map-marked nor a quest, you have to do a little guesswork. As far as I know, you can still backtrack to get a few of them, but you might be screwed until the boss after Yuma.

You have a few choices because of his 100% regeneration nonsense.

1) Backtrack and possibly acquire an Ex Skill (untested)
2) Stack status effects every turn to force him to waste turns curing rather than healing, and potentially paralysis. Even then, this requires near perfect luck, and you'll probably need to be overlevelled massively.
3) Cheese it. There's two general methods. Both abuse all-outs and back row formations. You either use the Banisher's fully loaded Earthquake, or the Rune Knight's Brave Sword. Both are high damage output, and getting him to about 2/3 HP and following up with about six earthquakes will kill him if you're sufficiently levelled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16