7.2.0 emuNAND Question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by misterqqqface, Jun 4, 2014.

1. misterqqqface
    OP

misterqqqface Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2008
    United States
    I just recently purchased a Gateway 3DS cart and have been spending the last hour setting it up. So far I've done everything except update my emunand (I've backed my original and formatted for emunand though). Gateway's website says they haven't cracked 7.2.0's encryption yet, so I assume their might be some issues updating. I'm just not sure what they are. Right now I'm on GW3D 4.5.6. Here are my main questions:

Will being on 4.5.6 prevent me from playing roms (offline) that require a higher system fw?
    Is it safe to update to 7.2.0? Are there any consequences to doing so?

2. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    1. if the game ask u to update, then update it, it will be safe as long as u r updating the emuNAND
    2. it is completely safe, all games r running fine, except system settings, miiverse and e-shop

3. misterqqqface
    OP

misterqqqface Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2008
    United States
    All right, so it's safe the game asks me to update as long as I have GW3D fw? just want to make sure.

As for the second, isn't it kinda bad if I can't access settings? How else do you get to the GW loader?

4. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia

the blocked e-shop, miiverse, and system settings are on the 7.2 (emunand), u access the gw loader on ur real nand (4.5)

5. misterqqqface
    OP

misterqqqface Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2008
    United States
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated.

6. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Specifically, be on your Emunand.
    (In terms of OFW and CFW, yes, be on GW FW)

I'm partial quoting myself on a method that you will be sure you're on the right firmware:

Do open the spoilers to look at the picture, to have a better understanding:

Cheers!

Nurio likes this.
  7. Nurio

Nurio That Kirby fan

Mar 31, 2009
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    That is a good method, but I use another method on top of that. I don't have pictures right now, though.
    In system NAND, I have my settings icon at the top left (where the game icon usually is) and the game icon way off somewhere
    In EmuNAND, I have my game icon at the top left and my settings icon way off somewhere.
    That way, I know by looking at the top left corner what mode I am in. If I am in system NAND, I have to run the settings there to get into EmuNAND, and when I am in EmuNAND, I can play the ROMs there.