masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Mod that changes English text to Polish.
You need to set English as system language and have enabled LayeredFS.

Remember that Polish translation have only text translated. Textures are still English as in original release for PC.

It's WIP because it was done manually line by line and somewhere may bugs appear. If you will find anything, please comment here. ;)

Patch link for XCI (NSP later)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14bzcil5eECpnuSMs9i44lZJLtqHwruoW
You need keys.txt in root folder!

Invite to discord channel with more info about polish translations for games:
https://discord.gg/bGrf5z

mApcR5S.jpg

Last edited by masagrator,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Thank you for your project and sharing it to other users.

There is just a small problem with your current sharing method : You can't share pre-patched files for the RomFS.
you'll have to either release a patch (xdelta) or a patcher (to patch the romfs file) or a batch (to extract the romfs and patch using xdelta).
You can find an example of the latest method used by this translation project : https://gbatemp.net/threads/official-underprojectnx-lets-translate-undertale.520690/

They are providing a batch file (user only need to provide the keys.txt and the ROM) which extract the ROMFS, patches it and put it in a folder "ready for layeredfs".

I know it's not the easiest way to release files from translation projects, but it's the best and legal method to use.

You can provide your pre-patched file ONLY if it contains only your translated strings. for example, if it's a list of ASCII sentences, then sharing it is fine.
if your ".assets" file contains data, or headers, or is a proprietary format, you'll have to provide another method to let users patch the files themselves. I doubt you translated 37MB of sentences, so the assets does not contain only the script.

Thank you for your understanding, I'll let you a moment (hours) to update your released files properly yourself, I'll delete the link if not complying.

Good luck on completing and maintaining your project.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you.
sorry for the additional work, but it's needed to keep all translation projects in the grey area ;)
it's working fine like that for years, on every consoles. of course, except when a company send a cease and desist letter to stop a project, but that's usually when they have their own official translation agenda.

I don't speak Polish, but I hope you'll have some GBAtemp's users to try it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: oh shit where??? :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: