Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nxboot_icon.png

NXBoot - Fusée Gelée / ShofEL 2 implementation for iOS

Hi GBAtemp,

After the teaser here and in the iOS payload loader discussion thread I'm releasing my utility to the world. It supports loading any payload by importing it via the GUI, can quickly switch between payloads via 'boot profiles,' and can boot Lakka/Coreboot/Linux.

Thanks to everyone who participated in testing!

Note that a jailbroken device with iOS 10 or later is required.

Project Website: https://mologie.github.io/nxboot/

Attribution and prior work: Fusée Gelée by ktemkin and ShofEL2 by the fail0verflow team served as reference for payload construction. @JustBrandonT worked on a similar app independently of this project.

Let me know how it goes and in case of questions ask away in this thread.

2018-07-20: A macOS and iOS command-line tool is available from the NXBoot homepage :toot:

2019-09-02:
Source code released at https://github.com/mologie/nxboot

Last edited by mologie, , Reason: Fixed it up a bit

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
would this work on an old iphone 3g (first gen i think) with firmware 2.4.1 on it? i have one gathering dust in my drawer XD

xTwized

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, thanks for your work. Could you please add the .IPA file? so no JB is needed, only Cydia Impactor.

Best

As an extension to this question, is your app entirely reliant on being in a jailbroken environment for sandbox reasons? or could I sign it with my development profile and run it that way? Thanks either way.

mologie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, thanks for your work. Could you please add the .IPA file? so no JB is needed, only Cydia Impactor.

Best

As an extension to this question, is your app entirely reliant on being in a jailbroken environment for sandbox reasons? or could I sign it with my development profile and run it that way? Thanks either way.

Unfortunately it requires a jailbreak, because the sandbox blocks access to the kernel objects for USB device access.

Reactions: Mobutu16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1