Hacking -5 error in haxchi

addicted2curry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, im pretty sure i messed up when i was cleaning up the apps folder on my sd card. I may have deleted an important folder by accident... :( cause whenever i load haxchi, i get a black screen with a -5 on the top left part of the screen. Ive been using haxchi for a few months now and everything was working fine before. Do you guys think i am missing a folder?
The location is:
This PC-- (F:) -- wiiu-- apps

The folders i have in there are:
-appstore
-gw_liberto
-haxchi
-hbl2hbc
-retroarch
-sigpatch
-wup_installer_gx2

Am i missing one? Or if its something else, can i fix that issue some other way?

Reactions: do8239
D

Deleted User

Hey guys, im pretty sure i messed up when i was cleaning up the apps folder on my sd card. I may have deleted an important folder by accident... :( cause whenever i load haxchi, i get a black screen with a -5 on the top left part of the screen. Ive been using haxchi for a few months now and everything was working fine before. Do you guys think i am missing a folder?
The location is:
This PC-- (F:) -- wiiu-- apps

The folders i have in there are:
-appstore
-gw_liberto
-haxchi
-hbl2hbc
-retroarch
-sigpatch
-wup_installer_gx2

Am i missing one? Or if its something else, can i fix that issue some other way?
Your missing the homebrew launcher. Download that.

D

Deleted User

I believe -5 means it cant read your sd
no it doesn't mean that
I'm pretty sure it's the homebrew launcher is missing. Haxchi doesn't have the homebrew launcher built into itself. So it loads the homebrew launcher from the sd card, and he clearly has it missing.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minus errors just mean it can't find what it's looking for on SD. Doesn't always mean the SD is bad. In this case it can't find whatever you programmed HaxChi to load. Probably HBL

nonameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Was having this - 5 error too, everytime I wanted to launch mocha. Then I realized I didn't have mocha on the sd card. Problem solved by placing mocha in the sd card. Maybe it is something similar that the OP have. Sorry for my poor english

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IOSUHax/CBHC/Haxchi/Mocha SD loader error codes list:
-1 : HBL related, can't open or not enough memory to open HBL elf file
-2 : HBL related, entry point not found
-3 : SD Card not found
-4 : SD card found, can't mount it
-5 : SD Card found, can mount it, can't find/read/open the file
-6 : not enough memory to open file

so, -5 mean haxchi can't find a file on SD.
But, how did you setup haxchi ?
does it automatically load the homebrew launcher if you don't press any button? then it's the homebrew launcher .elf file which is missing.
does it automatically load Mocha, or another homebrew ? check your "settings.txt" file, it will tell you what haxchi is trying to find, and its path.

remember, it should be in "wiiu/apps/" and not just "apps/" (which is for Wii homebrew)
Also, do not name your SD card "wiiu".

Last edited by Cyan,

foxesatemyapples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for replying a really old thread but i am having the same -5 error, and all homebrew files are on the wiiu/apps/ folder, wup installer gx2 also doesn't work. i switched SD Cards and already formatted to FAT32 32KB cluster. what am i doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol