5.55OFW Emulation!

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by iceache, Sep 10, 2009.

Sep 10, 2009

5.55OFW Emulation! by iceache at 6:38 AM (2,315 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. iceache
    OP

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  2. Bryce

Member Bryce GBAtemp Fan

Eh, I guess it's okay if you wanted to buy Disgaea 2. I can't find it anywhere, though.

3. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

Looks bollocks to me

edit - well, may work to run umds without installing OFW completely...but that's not really what we want lol

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Nice. [​IMG]
    Haven't actually tested it but apparently its a mod of DCv8 with 5.55. Obviously you don't install it you use the test button. [​IMG]
    Note: [​IMG] Could be fake anyways.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    That's not 5.55 CFW emulation, it's merely using DCv8 for flashing 5.55 OFW (since there was no 5.55 eboot this is the clever part) and then using the Test M33 option to run CFW off the DCv8 memory stick. This would seriously mess up a latter day Slim or PSP 3000.

6. RyuDraconis

Newcomer RyuDraconis Member

United States
    Could this work to run Disgaea 2 on a Psp Phat 1000 running Modded firmware 5.00? or is this too good to be true and probably result in a Bricked Psp? This post piqued my curiosity when I first saw it, wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.

7. iceache
    OP

Member iceache GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You need to own the UMD for it to work.

8. RyuDraconis

United States
    I do own the Umd [​IMG] The instructions are a bit vague however so as a newbie to this modding community I'm a bit concerned about trying it, would you know how to explain how to set this up? I would like to get this going so my 30$ is not spent in vain!

*Edit* Apparently I need to have official firmware 5.55 installed first before using this, can i use this and already have CFW 5.00 on my psp? Or should I allow Disgaea 2 install the OFW first then use this app? Can anyone provide some instructions that ar e abit easier to understand? (sorry, struggling alittle bit reading the provided instructions)

9. xist

United Kingdom
    the 5.55 eboot was never released and only exists on a UMD as an update. Therefore someone has ripped and assembled those update files and inserted them into a DCv8 loader with which you can flash the Official 5.55 firmware ...i.e your PSP is now 100% Official Sony and has no homebrew features.

However the DCv8 MMS has an option called Test M33 so if you ever want to use homebrew you'd run CFW off the MMS.

Clear?

10. RyuDraconis

United States
    Yes, finally managed to find a tutorial last night after a few hours of surfing, it sounded like you would install firmware 5.55 OF and then have to use a Pandora battery later if you wanted to go back to CFW (wasn't sure if you would have to do this every single time to go back and forth but Im guessing probably)

13.It should now say you have 5.55OFW
    14.To go back to 5.00m33-4 you just pop in your pandora battery while holding the L trigger and select the first option(Install 5.00m33)
    15.Check your system settings and it should say you have 5.00m33-4

Thanks again

11. xist

United Kingdom
    Or just stay on OFW and use the Test M33 option to save on flashing.

12. neorebirth

Newcomer neorebirth Newbie

Canada
    eh... All in alll, it won't work on a psp 3000 eh? *sigh* Guess I gotta wait 'till someone flash 5.50/55...

13. RyuDraconis

United States
    Yeah, its a shame, I had real hopes for this too but its A) kinda complicated and B) im still new at this and C) not cost effective for me (no pandora battery and getting one would cost me $ regardless!)