Hacking 5.4.0 progress

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I still can't understand why the 5.5.0 kernel exploit is not released to the public. The next update will probably take months , just release it , if users update beyond 5.5.1 it is their fault guys. And if you tell me about Hykem, who knows where he is and what he is working on? He hasn't been seen in a long time, patience is a virtue I know, but it is not cool anyone having a kernel access except 5.5.0-5.5.1 users.

The developers keep it for future updates when there is a huge update that had a lot of new features etc.

But release it now is kind of useless, I mean yeah there are some members will benefit from release it now but there will be allways other members/new members that will update and they will still ask for hacks so it's better to keep it for something worth it.

Last edited by memomo,

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The developers keep it for further updates when there is a huge update that had a lot of new features etc.

But release it now is kind of useless, I mean yeah there are some members will benefit from release it now but there will be allways other members/new members that will update and they will still ask for hacks so it's better to keep it for something worth it.
So it is better for so many users to not receive a kernel exploit than some who might update at a feature one? I don't agree with this and I will tell you why. Maybe this is even the last update Nintendo will make for this console, with NX coming... Why should so many users who are on 5.5.0 - 5.5.1 wait sooo long for a thing that might not even come (nintendo update)? Even if they patch it in the next update (if and when it comes) then there will possibly be another way to hack it (there always is). Just my opinion I don't want to offend anyone or something...

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
So it is better for so many users to not receive a kernel exploit than some who might update at a feature one? I don't agree with this and I will tell you why. Maybe this is even the last update Nintendo will make for this console, with NX coming... Why should so many users who are on 5.5.0 - 5.5.1 wait sooo long for a thing that might not even come (nintendo update)? Even if they patch it in the next update (if and when it comes) then there will possibly be another way to hack it (there always is). Just my opinion I don't want to offend anyone or something...
With Nintendo Account coming out sometime this year, I really doubt this is even the last update.

Reactions: josh87402

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country

When they released 5.3.2 kernel exploit they told everyone to not update and as I told you there will be always new members ask for new exploit

No one knows if 5.5.1 is actually the last update, it's not smart move to release everything they have

If they release it now you and little (5.5 and 5.5.1) will benefit but when they keep it for ver6.0 or something worth it (you and me and every lower ver. user and higher ver.) will update and benefit

Speeydisfast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Code:
/* find address left in ram */
    for(str = (unsigned char*)0x1A000000; str < (unsigned char*)0x20000000; str++)
    { /* Search for /payload which indicates the current address */
        if(*(unsigned int*)str == 0x2F706179 && *(unsigned int*)(str+4) == 0x6C6F6164)
        {
            leaddr = (char*)str;
            while(*leaddr)
                leaddr--;
            leaddr++;
            /* If string starts with http its likely to be correct */
            if(*(unsigned int*)leaddr == 0x68747470)
                break;
            leaddr = (char*)0;
        }
    }
    if(leaddr == (char*)0)
        OSFatal("URL not found");

The loop can't find the word /payload in the memory.
Maybe it's a good idea to find a other solution how we can search in the memory for this word. /payload = hex(2f7061796c6f6164) = 0x2F706179 and 0x6C6F6164

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When they released 5.3.2 kernel exploit they told everyone to not update and as I told you there will be always new members ask for new exploit

No one knows if 5.5.1 is actually the last update, it's not smart move to release everything they have

If they release it now you and little (5.5 and 5.5.1) will benefit but when they keep it for ver6.0 or something worth it (you and me and every lower ver. user and higher ver.) will update and benefit
Ok I see. Guess we really need Hykem then...

Reactions: memomo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: