Hacking 5.05 no bd bricked

Mouseyrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, So I have a ps4 that I used the no blueray drive updater to update to 5.05.

I just turned it on and it seems something has happened to the hard drive. Is there anyway of getting an new hard drive running on the system, since I cant just put the 5.05 update on it, or is the system completely bricked?

Thanks

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, So I have a ps4 that I used the no blueray drive updater to update to 5.05.

I just turned it on and it seems something has happened to the hard drive. Is there anyway of getting an new hard drive running on the system, since I cant just put the 5.05 update on it, or is the system completely bricked?

Thanks
There is a 6.72 no blu-ray pup somewhre in the wild... try reach notzecoxao on twitter

Ps: Dont know If him has the 6.72 no blu-ray system repair pup..

Last edited by Bergot,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think once you have used the no BD to update your system the only way to use a new HD in the PS4 is to use a clone of the original PS4 HDD from when it was updated and in a working state.
Thats why it was always advised to make a clone backup of the HDD once you updated it In case your HDD died in the future.

If you dont have a clone backup of you drive, I think you are stuck.
I might be wrong but I think that was the situation at the time.

Last edited by Leeful,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think once you have used the no BD to update your system the only way to use a new HD in the PS4 is to use a clone of the original PS4 HDD from when it was updated and in a working state.
Thats why it was always advised to make a clone backup of the HDD once you updated it In case your HDD died in the future.

If you dont have a clone backup of you drive, I think you are stuck.
I might be wrong but I think that was the situation at the time.

This is absolutely right.

Zeco and LM advised back up your hdd 1:1 incase of emergency. It was in the instructions.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Invest in a sata station, makes things quick and easy. I bought mine a while back for around $80 I think. It's what I used with my ps4. It's prime day in USA, so you might get a good deal.

Reactions: Mouseyrain

Mouseyrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is absolutely right.

Zeco and LM advised back up your hdd 1:1 incase of emergency. It was in the instructions.

well I have no idea how. But I got the hard drive working. I cloned the drive but on the new drive when I boot the PS4 it asks for the 5.05 update file. Is there a way around this?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I have no idea how. But I got the hard drive working. I cloned the drive but on the new drive when I boot the PS4 it asks for the 5.05 update file. Is there a way around this?

Looks like the system is now asking for 5.05, don't think you can install or exploit without fixing that drive now.

Mouseyrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like the system is now asking for 5.05, don't think you can install or exploit without fixing that drive now.
Can still get onto the system using the original drive (since now it has decided to work for some reason) just trying to get the new cloned drive to work since I dont think the original drive is gonna work for much longer

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can still get onto the system using the original drive (since now it has decided to work for some reason) just trying to get the new cloned drive to work since I dont think the original drive is gonna work for much longer

Well in order to install the OS to a new HDD you need a working blu ray, that is a pre-requiste from 5.00 and forward, 4.73 didn't have that restriction, and each unit HDD data is unique to it console, unless your current HDD is working fine then you are out of luck unless you fix the drive. You can use a docking station to clone the HDD by using a matching size HDD if the original drive still work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)