Hacking 5.05 deleting save games

vydex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Guys just thought I would give everyone a warning regarding crackbins exploit , all my savegames have been deleted from the ps4 , this has happend while using the crackbins exploit. If you google the issue you will see im not the only one whose had this problem. Not sure what to do about it other than say im gutted but life goes on. so please be aware before you use crackbins.

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well my saves didn't delete, but instead they show up on my ps4 as unknown with a folder icon, and the saves are corrupted.

edit: it seems the unknown saves are fine and load up with the proper icon instead of the folder icon

Last edited by Darksabre72,
Reactions: vydex

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys just thought I would give everyone a warning regarding crackbins exploit , all my savegames have been deleted from the ps4 , this has happend while using the crackbins exploit. If you google the issue you will see im not the only one whose had this problem. Not sure what to do about it other than say im gutted but life goes on. so please be aware before you use crackbins.
Afaik its because its running mira hen.

Reactions: vydex

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how to use VTX Hen? can someone give a link? (not only files......how to use it too because i only used the crackbin website...or how it is called)

vydex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
well my saves didn't delete, but instead they show up on my ps4 as unknown with a folder icon, and the saves are corrupted.

edit: it seems the unknown saves are fine and load up with the proper icon instead of the folder icon

I had that before I used the crackbins exploit my saves have completely disappeared I ftped into the console and the database and directory where they are stored are now empty seems like they were deleted due to the database being rebuilt after the console crashed when using the crackbins.

Afaik its because its running mira hen.

I worked that out seems its an issue.

how to use VTX Hen? can someone give a link? (not only files......how to use it too because i only used the crackbin website...or how it is called)

Im not using the web browser anymore Im using AL-AZIF DNS 1: 165.227.83.145
AL-AZIF DNS 2: 108.61.128.158 in my netwrok settings then using the guide from settings in the ps4 menu to load the exploit which is HEN for 5.05. Seems to be working fine now , Im still gutted all my saves have gone so Im backing up things regulary to USB drive.

Thanks for the input guys its much appreciated.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

It was explained probably dozens of times, the entry point is a defect in the webbrowser WebKit module, you need a way to serve a webpage, so you need a webserver (Apache, Nginx, Lighthttpd, Python SimpleHTTPServer package, anything that can open a TCP socket and is listening to port 80 to serve a webpage...) and you serve/host the HTML page you can find on Vortex github repository (https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-hen-vtx).

@KiiWii surely has it explained with a lot of details in his guide...

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1