401 Authentication popup

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by the_randomizer, Jul 23, 2012.

Jul 23, 2012
  1. the_randomizer
    OP

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    So, I've been going to www.models-resource.com for quite a while now, so I can get better at rigging models or what have you. However, starting last night, I start to get an admin/server authentication popup for no apparent reason; I'm currently using Chrome 20.0.1132.57m and I have made NO changes to the proxy/server settings at all. I don't know WHY this happens and I even spoke to members on the forums (not the main download site I'm trying to access) and they say the issue is on my end. Well, obviously, but I don't know what causes it or why it happened so suddenly. Again, this has never happened before, and I hope the administrator for my apartment complex didn't find a way to block the site, as that may be a possibility. What do they expect me to do, use a VPN or proxy to bypass it?

Current OS: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    It's not just you. I tried going there and got a 401 popup as well. Waterfox x64 13.0.

..However, if I manually add http:// to the end, instead of going directly to the www part, it seems to not give me the popup. Odd.

3. the_randomizer
    OP

United States
    WTF? I'll try that.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's literally a 401 response from the site itself, and yeah it works with the www. infront of it (there are some cases where having it or not matters, it normally shouldn't, but sometimes things weren't set up fully by the admin and www. versus non will point to different servers).

5. the_randomizer
    OP

United States
    But what strikes me as odd is I never had to add the www in front of the URL prior to today, but I just tried it and it works. Weird indeed. Too bad there's no way to stop that stupid authentication prompt from showing up.

6. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    They might have moved servers and the new one isn't properly configured. Contact them about it.