4.3U help needed - I've tried EVERYTHING, please

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AndrehF, Aug 27, 2010.

Aug 27, 2010
  1. AndrehF
    OP

Newcomer AndrehF Newbie

Brazil
    Please, i'm simply don't know what else to do, everything i've tried, it gives me a dead end.
    I'll try to remebered and explain everything i did, what i have searched and all:

THE PROBLEM:
    ------------

It happened when i was tring to put USB-loader on my friend's Wii (it's a LU66, it's on 4.3U Wan), and in the process i remebered to install some version of the ios36 (to install Hermes 222, i think, and make Metroid Other M works past the tutorial - it freezes), and after that, my homebrew channel loads, but none of the apps in there loads, i can't get ANY .dol or .elf to work, the screen just goes black and system hangs.

THE SOLUTIONS I'VE TRIED:
    -------------------------

1. First thing, i've opened the Homebrew Channel (my version is 1.0.6) and there was a update warning (to 1.0.8), when i tried to update it, the hackmii installer told me i didn't have any IOS vulnerable to do it (searching for informations, this happened because some cioscorp installed, and hackmii team don't give any support), So i restarted and tried again, next time, it froze in the scam page, during "press (1) to continue", tried AGAIN, then it froze during cam page, BEFORE "press (1)...", and since then, it always hangs in this part, so...

2. I thought to re-softmod it, but since the wii is on 4.3, the only way i could load something was with the Indiana Pwns, i've downloaded a backup (which still runs, thru Disc Channel) and tried this method, and after the exploit was done, appears a black screen/white text, saying it found a valid boot.dol(or .elf, can't remember), but it hangs there, so...

3. I've tried to load Bootmii, which i could open thru Homebrew Channel, when its loaded, i've opened the SD menu, and tried running ANYTHING from there, to always get the same message: "failed to boot selected file", and one of the things i've tried was the hackmii installer, same error. Still in Bootmii, i've tried to restore NAND (which i had made a backup, luckily), and in the restore screen, it says that bootmii is not installed and it would be dangerous to go on, and even so, i've tried to continue (asked to press A+B+Y+X to go on) but it's IMPOSSIBLE, it always says that i had pushed some other combination of buttons and quit (i have searched the net, it's a "bug" from this version of mine of Bootmii - 1.1), so...

4. I've searched for a new Bootmii, a more recent one, so i could bypass this latest problem, but it just ends like problem 1, can't install hackmii.

5. I've tried all 4.3 guides from GBAtemp and wiihacks, but it ends freezing during Indiana Pwns, trying to load boot.dol(.elf).

6. I've tried downloading ModMii 4.2.3, and tried their solution, same problem.

7. I have found this Black Screen App Fix Guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-hack-issues/61299-guide-black-screen-app-fix.html), but loading the boot.dol from SD menu ends up with Error#004 (probably because my system is 4.3). I've also tried to load this boot.dol from Indiana Pwns, same freeze as problem 1.

8. I've tried to load Dop-Mii, to check and (maybe fix) my IOS, with no success.

9. Lastly, and that's when i got really freaked out, i've tried to make an official update, from settings menu, it makes the test connection and give me an error code: 32007, and tells me to check my internet configs, but they are working.

OTHER INFORMATIONS THAT COULD BE USEFUL:
    ----------------------------------------

- Yes, the Wii Connect24 is off

- Before all of this, this wii could load any gamecube games and most of the wii games, like Metroid Prime Trilogy (DVD9 burned) and Mario Galaxy, but Mario Galaxy 2, New super Mario Wii and Tatsunoko vs Capcom, always gave me an "Exception (DSI) occurred!... STACK DUMP" error, which i could never pass by.

- Before this problem, i have managed to play some games with usb loader, and mario galaxy 2 WORKED thru USB.

- Everything i've tried, i tried with two different SD cards (one SanDisk 2gb, one Matsuca 1gb that came with my digital camera), and both cards formatted FAT and FAT32. The only difference was that, sometimes, when i was entering the art room in Indiana, nothing happened, it was like a wall, so i look for other characters, switched and they could enter, but not Indy (weird...).

ANYONE?! just say it, i'll try ANYTHING, please!

If i managed to resolve this, i promise i'll post the method here so anyone who could be going thru this can be helped too.

Thank you all, in advance, for reading all of this and trying to help me.

2. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Do u have Priiloader with the Block Disc/Online updates enabled? lol

3. AndrehF
    OP

Newcomer AndrehF Newbie

Brazil
    probably, i didn't install priiloader for him, but it was there already... you're suggesting me to run a disc update? I could find some game, any tips? a more recent one, an old one? All my dvds were brickblocked images, so...

Thanks for your help!

4. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    No u said u tried 2 run an update through Nintendo's servers I was saying make sure u didn't enable the 'Block Online updates' in Priiloader! lol I just included the Disc option cause they're pretty much the same!! lol Also install the Official 4.3 System Menu instead of Wanin's cause there was a thread here with the same prob!! lol

5. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I was on 4.3 too and could not install priiloader so i used trucha bug restorer from here. From there you can try reinstalling bootmii and if it does not work reinstall the patched ios.

6. AndrehF
    OP

Newcomer AndrehF Newbie

Brazil
    i'm going to try the trucha bug restorer now, i'll post right away the results.

Thank you both for trying to help me! you guys are the best!

7. AndrehF
    OP

Newcomer AndrehF Newbie

Brazil
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, Sao Mortel !!!!!!

this version of the Trucha Bug Restorer worked, now everything is back to normal!

----------------------
    As promised, the workaround was running the Trucha Bug Restorer that Sao Mortel linked (http://www.logic-sunrise.com/news-112411-trucha-bug-restorer-113-mod-43-by-r2.html) and restoring IOS36, i've downloaded the other files diretcly thru NUS, from the app.
    ----------------------

Again, THANK YOU Sao Mortel, you're a god to me now!