4.3 Wan blocks online/disc updates

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Nay-Kee, Jun 29, 2010.

Jun 29, 2010
  1. Nay-Kee
    OP

Newcomer Nay-Kee Newbie

United States
    Hey guys,
    yesterday i updated to 4.3b Wan... everything works fine but there a question i think about.
    4.3 Wan blocks online/disc updates as Waninkoko also confirmed in one of the threads in this forum.
    I think this is a good thing, but i see a problem: what if i want to go back to the original firmware (ok, nobody wants that [​IMG] )?
    But what, if there is a new firmware, and waninkoko has left the homebrew scene once again... how can i get then to the new version?
    Is there in theory a possibility to get back to the original firmware (maybe in a few month if new hacks in 4.3 have been found)?

Thanks for your answers in advance!

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If you ever want to go to a new system menu, just install the necessary IOS and System Menu wad in Wad Manager.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Disc updates can be blocked on most system menu versions btw, you'll just need to install StartPatch or Priiloader and enable the correct hacks.

Though it's probably better to run the game through gecko OS, so it can install the needed IOS for the game.

4. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    WAD Installer + original system menu 4.3 wad (downloaded from NUS) would do the job.

i don't understand why people are so much in hurry to update though

5. Nay-Kee
    OP

Newcomer Nay-Kee Newbie

United States
    thanks for your answers...
    to sum up:
    downloading 4.3 with NUSD (Database/System/System Menu/4.3), packing it into a WAD (about 23,5 MB) and installing it via Wad Manager would do the Job?

6. Lothlorian

Member Lothlorian GBAtemp Regular

United States

Installing System Menu 4.3 via wad without first installing IOS80 would take you on a one way trip to "Brick City"

But is seems you already used Waninkoko's updater so im sure you already have a Trucha patched IOS80 on the Wii.

Installing a clean SM 4.3 will also remove your HBC and fix bannerbomb. Are you sure you wish to do this?

7. Nay-Kee
    OP

Newcomer Nay-Kee Newbie

United States
    no, i really dont't want... [​IMG]
    only wanted to know how to get back to the original firmware, if there should be new ways to run homebrew on 4.3 in a few weeks or months [​IMG]
    or if waninkok leaves the scene again... and then i'm stuck on 4.3 wan [​IMG]