Hacking 4.3 hackable?

wootbeers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a wii but with the system update 4.3, I wanna hack it but all I've seen so far is that it's not possible...Has anyone discovered a way yet or am I just pretty much screwed right now...?

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if you mean by hack is modifying altering the software... not yet... but be patient there's already a "4.3 firmware thread" available...

but

if you mean hack 1 (hk)
v. hacked, hack·ing, hacks
v.tr.
1. To cut or chop with repeated and irregular blows: hacked down the saplings.
(from dictionary.com)

then yes, you can use anything to hack your 4.3 now, i recommend using an axe or a broadsword for an epic feeling on doing it...

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chinmi said:
if you mean by hack is modifying altering the software... not yet... but be patient there's already a "4.3 firmware thread" available...

but

if you mean hack 1 (hk)
v. hacked, hack·ing, hacks
v.tr.
1. To cut or chop with repeated and irregular blows: hacked down the saplings.
(from dictionary.com)

then yes, you can use anything to hack your 4.3 now, i recommend using an axe or a broadsword for an epic feeling on doing it...

It's the worst joke I've ever read.

OP There may be a solution coming up but you have to be patient. The guys at hackmii had been clear that it would take some time before they can release it.

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
I was under the impression that you can still softmod your 4.3 Wii, using the SSBB or Indiana Jones methods ? Is that wrong ?

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
resincake: you can run homebrew code using Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns but you can't install the homebrew channel or install custom IOS yet.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
I found a solution, but won't share it..

Very helpful, fully in the spirit of this community, right?

On a serious note, I found this at wiihacks, apparently someone put a package together to downgrade from 4.3

I have no idea if this is really working or not, and there is a note about a readme in the archive. I don't have a 4.3 Wii so I can't test it myself, but maybe this will help others on the forum (or maybe it's BS, be sure to check the readme)

Others on that forum have posted that it worked, but I can't say I know how trustworthy people over there are, so no guarantees.

calisto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Styles420 said:
WiiCrazy said:
I found a solution, but won't share it..

Very helpful, fully in the spirit of this community, right?

On a serious note, I found this at wiihacks, apparently someone put a package together to downgrade from 4.3

I have no idea if this is really working or not, and there is a note about a readme in the archive. I don't have a 4.3 Wii so I can't test it myself, but maybe this will help others on the forum (or maybe it's BS, be sure to check the readme)

Others on that forum have posted that it worked, but I can't say I know how trustworthy people over there are, so no guarantees.

That link you gave shows you how to downgrade from 3.3 or 3.4 not 4.3

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
So anyone have TBR compiled for the latest revisions of IOS 15?
ps: nevermind I found it... and it works
smile.gif

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must have right clicked on the wrong link... good thing people read carefully though. And I just saw a newer thread with a method that sounds promising for 4.3 - thanks for sharing (and no hard feelings, I hope), WiiCrazy!

I'll triple check before I share links in the future, lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls