Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if Im screwed or not.
As you all know team twiizers doesnt allow HBC to be installed on a Wii with modded IOS files. I was planning on selling my Wii so i removed HBC and just updated to 4.2 since it was basically a hombrew killer.

On my Wii I had HBC 1.0.6, preloader 0.29, and cioscorp 3.4. I didnt remove cioscorp when I updated to 4.2 so Im thinking that somehow that still affecting my Wii. When I try to install HBC it says no vulnerable IOS found which it usually says when cioscorps is installed.

So any solution or am I just screwed? Thanks for any help sorry if I wasnt clear.

ClockWorK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be clear, run DOP-IOS and install IOS 36 (v1042) without any patching.

IOS 36 v1042 has the vulnerability that the HackMii installer is looking for.

The HackMii installer is looking for an IOS with the Trucha bug. But it's looking for an IOS that came with the Trucha bug --- not an IOS that had the Trucha bug added (through ciosCORP or other means).

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ClockWorK said:
To be clear, run DOP-IOS and install IOS 36 (v1042) without any patching.

IOS 36 v1042 has the vulnerability that the HackMii installer is looking for.

The HackMii installer is looking for an IOS with the Trucha bug. But it's looking for an IOS that came with the Trucha bug --- not an IOS that had the Trucha bug added (through ciosCORP or other means).
note: thi guy is talking crap. hackmii installer does NOT look specifically for IOS with trucha bug, or it would not work on updated Wiis. team twiizers have cool new IOS exploits and it decides what the best thing to do is. you do NOT need to install v1042 of IOS36, install the latest version. and i'd advise using IOS34 as you unpatched IOS, its not used by anything. install trucha and ES_Identify/ES_DiVerify (same thing btw) into IOS36. But i would advise getting rid of cioscrap.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do people always suggest that with IOS36? That's just retarded. Install the old version of IOS30 because it is NATURALLY trucha bugged already and the hackmii installer will happily run. Also install IOS61 with NO PATCHES so HBC won't be upside down.

I'm getting tired of repeating this over and over. Use the damn search button already or read the 15+ sticky threads with several guides telling you everything you needed to know without starting this stupid thread.

Gino_Drago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI , your problem is because Upgrading to 4.2 (The N way) on a Cioscorped Wii doesnt really gets rid of all the CIOS (because the maxed out IOS from cioscorp doesnt get replaced).
So now you have a Wii with a mix of IOS from Cioscorp and others from V4.2, also some IOS might be STUBed

You should (after installing the HBC)
1.- Run Any title deleter and delete IOS249 (because it was STUBbed with the Nintendo upgrade)
2.- Run CIOSRev14 installer to recover IOS249
3.- Run the CIOSCORP uninstaller V3.5 to end up with a virgin Wii again at 4.2 (CIOSCORP installer/uninstaller needs IOS249 to work)

fanni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got the same problem as the OP

used waninkoko's 4.2 upgrade emthod and now my homebrew channel has disappeared

How else can i run something to get the homebrew channel back

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
razorback, did you even look at the subject? your link is useless in this case (not about bannerbomb but about using hackmii).

However, this forum has a few stickies right at the top that will help you. READ THEM.

You may need to use bannerbomb to launch a cboot2 version of wad manager 1.4 and install an old version of IOS30. If the installation errors, then uninstall it first, then install it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RC89... now THAT'S good advice. I wasn't aware DoP-IOS Mod would run directly from Bannerbomb. So messing with cboot2 is a thing of the past now?

sweet! DoP-IOS rocks
yay.gif

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
urherenow said:
RC89... now THAT'S good advice. I wasn't aware DoP-IOS Mod would run directly from Bannerbomb. So messing with cboot2 is a thing of the past now?

sweet! DoP-IOS rocks
yay.gif

Yeah you right about that
smile.gif

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
urherenow said:

sweet! DoP-IOS rocks
yay.gif

your trying to give people advice
when you aren't even aware of very basic functions?

QUOTE(LxTrix @ Nov 14 2009, 07:12 PM) When installing this over a network it syas something failed -1017, any ideas?
thats means your IOS cannot be downgraded
delete the IOS with any title deleter

then try again.

rafb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks urherenow,

installed IOS30 and finally got the homebrew back on

urherenow said:
why do people always suggest that with IOS36? That's just retarded. Install the old version of IOS30 because it is NATURALLY trucha bugged already and the hackmii installer will happily run. Also install IOS61 with NO PATCHES so HBC won't be upside down.

I'm getting tired of repeating this over and over. Use the damn search button already or read the 15+ sticky threads with several guides telling you everything you needed to know without starting this stupid thread.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If your stuck id recommend looking at xzxero's guide as well - its very detailed , very easy to follow and has a load of good advice - well worth reading for anyone who gets stuck,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end