Constoush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
I'm posting here because I bought a broken 3DS XL, and I try to repair it. The problem is that it won't boot. When I press the power button, the blue light comes on, but there's nothing on the screens, they stay black with no backlight.
No I found online that this was probably the WIFI card, so I tried to reset it by unplugging it and plugging it again, I even tried to replace it but it didn't worked.
So, I thought that this is maybe bricked, and that I should be able to repair it with NTR boot hax, as I have a R4i gold pro 2019 version and a hacked 3ds to flash the firmware on it.
The problem is that I can't find something online for people that are on my position, with no backup of the NAND and no idea of the version of the console. Can anyone help me with this ? How can I proceed please ?
Thanks a lot for reading, I hope that I'll be able to repair it, that's a beautifull ACNL edition, and it will be awesome to have it in my collection.

Constoush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you explain how to do it with a r4 ? And do you think that it's bricked ? In which version do I CTRTransfer ? Thanks !
Edit : I think that I have to install Luma first, and then perform a CTRTransfer, am I right ? And will my 3ds XL still be hacked after this ?
Edit 2 : How can I CTRTransfer as I don't know what is the current version of the system ? Is there a way to know the system version without being able to access to the System Settings ?

Last edited by Constoush,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm posting here because I bought a broken 3DS XL, and I try to repair it. The problem is that it won't boot. When I press the power button, the blue light comes on, but there's nothing on the screens, they stay black with no backlight.
Is this a hacked unit? Because if I'm not mistaken, this is simply what happens when it can't find boot.firm on the SD card.

Constoush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's supposed to be aa stock console, and I don't think that it will do the black screens with no image and no backlight, more like it was doing on my 2ds, blue light that turns on then off.
I've read the resources to perform the CTR transfer and I'll try as soon as I recieve my r4, thanks, I'll update when I'll be able to try !

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Here are all supported flashcards btw ;)

Attachments

• ntrboot-flashcarts.png
    ntrboot-flashcarts.png
    558.1 KB · Views: 96

Bateees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by chance you are unable to send a message. I've sold many softmodded 3ds systems and have yet to come across one I wasn't able to repair.

Last edited by Bateees,

Constoush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can't test yet as I haven't recieved my R4 yet, but I didn't understand your message, can you explain please ? ^^'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk