3DS Themes incoming

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Bimmel, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Bimmel
    OP

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    ..at least the first theme I saw. If old news, delete it.

NES_Jumping_Mario_Theme_EUR_3DSWare_3DS-ABSTRAKT

BufferOverflow and Margen67 like this.

2. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    BufferOverflow and Margen67 like this.
  3. Bimmel
    OP

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
  4. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Considering how people talked shit about these themes, I'm considering anybody who pirates them a hypocrite.

Sheimi likes this.
  5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    i would say most people where complaining about the prices ....yeah its cheap....but not for what it is, they would be hypocrites if they complain about the price then don't use them :P

gamefan5 and Hellz92 like this.
  6. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    I still use my free halloween cat theme, because it rules :D best theme out there, nuff said

Riyaz likes this.
  7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    If my experiences with past consoles, PCs, devices where you can put things in a case.... is anything to go by
    "3DS Themes incoming" is shortly to be followed by "3DS bricks incoming" when people fail to install them properly or try to "customise" things.

Wonder if it is worth setting up something to restore NANDs.... actually between emulated NANDs and 3ds not having any games (I like to fix devices with a potential to be useful or amusing) it is probably not worth it.

8. descac

descac Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2014
    United States
    I still think they don't look too good with icons. Looking forward to custom ones.

9. Ashtonx

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    Well tried to install it, didn't work for me. EU console.

latest gateway with emunand.

1st attempt i couldnt find the theme
    2nd attempt theme is there but only loads default theme.

10. Venseer

Venseer A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

Dec 12, 2013
    Brazil
    Kennedy Space Center
    And this is why I only use things three months after release. Once it's safe and everyone else put themselves in line.

Kelton2 likes this.
  11. Ashtonx

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    Well i wouldn't play around either if it wasn't for gateways emunand, there's no way in hell i'd install buggy cfw and play around on sysnand with all the possible risks... current worst case - im gonna lose some streetpass data etc.

12. gudenau

gudenau Never a unique idea

Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    The kind of thing i do when I have NAND mods. :-P

13. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Why would 3ds themes brick the console? You gotta be running on emunand to install them, so surely worst case is emunand gets screwed up and you have to redo/restore a backup emunand.

Margen67 likes this.
  14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    You have been kicking around GBAtemp and the sorts of things it covers for over a decade now and you doubt the abilities of people to screw things up that hard?

gamefan5, Zidapi, Margen67 and 3 others like this.
  15. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    I feel old now :(.

I figure the fact you need 4.5 + have to set up the exploit and emunand first, would act as a decent filter against those people :D.

Zidapi likes this.
  16. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I might argue something along the lines of the not so backed up saves being a greater effective timesink to restore than earning enough to fix/repair another 3DS (especially if gateway's new exploit does something along these lines), however we are already seeing people hose their emunand install and update the console when setting it all back up.

I do not know if it is a thought process along the lines of "oh it is "just" customising the skin" (said skin also speaking to the lowest level of the device in question*), whether there is some appeal in customising the appearance of a device (my lack of art appreciation skills does seem to extend into this sort of thing, leaving me viewing a lot of it as pointless) that intersects with those unwilling or unable to follow instructions ([insert jab at creative souls]) or something else entirely that causes this, however when "unofficial" user customistation appears there tends to follow destruction.

*granted the concepts of device kernels/low level loaders, security and whatever else gets lost on a lot of people.

17. RenegadeKid

RenegadeKid GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2013
    France
    If it was one euro, I would buy it, 2 euros no thanks.

18. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    need to use devmenu 2, the BigBlueBox dev menu aka devmenu 5 somehow won't install it

Ashtonx likes this.
  19. Ashtonx

Ashtonx n0l1f3

Oct 31, 2013
    Poland
    And it works :) Thanks :)

edit: Both mario and zelda work, zelda had error on bigbluebox menu and jumping mario got imported but didn't work.

edit2: Well it seems this bigbluebox dev menu is also having trouble with other stuff, i.e. my fantasy life dlc disappeared after a couple of reboots.

Anyway here's something i've found out by this accident.

When i installed dlc using bigbluebox dev menu.
    After installation game run with dlc etc. everything was nice, i played a minute, saved game.
    couple of restarts later i noticed game doesn't detect dlc anymore, same old screen, new character doesn't have lunares coins etc.
    however i also noticed that my old game save still has dlc enabled. So i'm guessing dlc can be enabled by save hacking as well ;)

Just something i felt like sharing.

20. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i thought bigbluebox's bigbluemenu is the latest devmenu that 'we' have?
    and, i thought an old devmenu would still install dlc, just you would not see it listed, or, it would not shown properly since that came out before dlc...?