Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice to see new games.
I'm yet to install ninjhax and test homebrew myself. I bought cubic ninja 4 month ago, I guess it's time to try :P

I don't know if the author will see this, but naming the homebrew "tetris" is not recommended, the Tetris company is not very welcome on games using their names.
Another homebrew already renamed it to prevent any future legal action.
It's time to work on a better wiki template for homebrew.

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, as I'd written in the Homebrew Development Thread, I was the developer of the game :)
It was just a tiny little test, therefore I didn't announce it in an extra thread or like that, even didn't link it in the 3dbrew-Wiki.

I didn't felt wrong about naming a tetris game tetris, but I'm not a lawyer, just a developer with ordinary rational thoughts - therefore, probably you're right, as lawyers don't need to be rational :D
Currently I'm working on something else for 3ds, but when I find some time and a good name, I'll rename it.

But please don't expect development around this game to be completed, it has a few bugs (better don't rotate pieces around the corners) I won't fix.
I will accept merge requests, so feel free to fork and extend the game if you want. Its there for educational purpose.

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could someone upload a compiled version in .3dsx and .smsh formats? And perhaps .3ds and/or .cia if it's possible?

There is already, on github, attached to an release: https://github.com/pmedia/3ds-tetris/releases

--
edit:

Still searching on a new name, suggestions are welcome.
If you want your name (== credits) in a 3ds homebrew game without contributing code, here's you chance! :D

Kandern97

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is already, on github, attached to an release: https://github.com/pmedia/3ds-tetris/releases

--
edit:

Still searching on a new name, suggestions are welcome.
If you want your name (== credits) in a 3ds homebrew game without contributing code, here's you chance! :D

Thank you for the compiled version (I don't know how GitHub works, so thanks)! Also for the name, why not call it Super Block Attack? (In honour of Super ACiD Block Attack for DOS)

Reactions: Margen67 and -pm-

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the compiled version (I don't know how GitHub works, so thanks)! Also for the name, why not call it Super Block Attack? (In honour of Super ACiD Block Attack for DOS)

Reminds me of Tetris Attack, an awesome title by Intelligent System for Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
What does cyan think of the name? (Well... Final Fantasy 6 was awesome, too! Best FF ever imho)

At least at the german trademark register I can't find any word marks for Super Block Attack.
There is Block Attack, which was registered as trademark in US in 2011 for merchandise and games but looks like they took it off again.

Maybe then it would be nice to change some animations to match super block attack as well?
At least I like the game over animation where all blocks fall down to pixels, I would like to adapt that animation for line clearance as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, don't choose a name based on my preference :P
I only told that The Tetris Company owns "tetris" name, and they don't like seeing their name on unofficial products.

They even don't like any Tetris clones using tetrominos blocs (they often requested developers to drop their projects, some even ended to Courts).
They could decide to annoy anyone who made a clone, even if it's not named Tetris, but I just think it could "pass" better if it doesn't contain their name in homebrew projects.

Maybe they don't care about 3DS homebrew, it's not well known and very few people can play it.

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, I'll go with "Super Block Attack", as it is imho the best proposal yet.

Therefore, Kandern97 get's the "credit" award - congratulations :)
Thanks for everybodys participation.

Notice, that the GitHub Repository already has been changed to https://github.com/pmedia/super-block-attack
There is also a new release with its only change being a new name and some omnipresent credits on the lower screen.

Have Fun!

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Couldn't get it to show up in ninjhax, maybe I'm missing something or got a bad compile.
Never mind, placed in a folder and spaced out the words. Took out the spaces, boom, works. I found a bug where if you change rotation against the wall it restarts the game.

-pm-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Couldn't get it to show up in ninjhax, maybe I'm missing something or got a bad compile.
Never mind, placed in a folder and spaced out the words. Took out the spaces, boom, works. I found a bug where if you change rotation against the wall it restarts the game.

Its a known bug I won't fix, as I am working on another (way bigger) project currently. Maybe sometime in the future. Shouldn't be much to fix, as "game over" is determined by a single method.
But I'll accept merge requests, so if you want to fix it, you can.

Reactions: Margen67

orion4874

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you need an icon.bin for?
And in what format?

You can find the icon of the game as image on github:
https://github.com/pmedia/super-block-attack/blob/master/icon.png
https://github.com/pmedia/super-block-attack/blob/master/icon.xcf (GIMP Original Image)

The png doesn't show in the Hombrew Channel menu. I looked at other programs and the icon is either incorporated in the .3dsx file or is a separate .bin file. It's not really a big deal, I was just wondering if either you or other users had a premade icon.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.