3DS System transfer with cfw

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LeafAce, Jun 12, 2017.

1. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    This isn't quite what the title may seem to say. My main 3DS (which is a 'New' never had cfw and is currently on 11.4. However, I have another ('Old') 3DS rotting somewhere and hopefully still works (been 8 months at max since last use) and it is past 9.X. Probably at 10.X. So I have been wondering if I install LumaCFW there using SafeHax (I think), could I somehow transfer it to my new one? Say a sysNAND backup I make on it. Could I restore it on my new one somehow so it's on a lower fw version at least.

Note 1: I don't know anything about the cfw on 3ds except for the fact that it cannot be installed on 11.4 at the moment and I partially doubt that there will be another safehax on it (or fasthax)

Note 2: I really don't give a crap if I overwrite my save data regarding streetpass or downloaded games, but if I can do something that could keep it, I would appreciate it, but don't focus on that when replying

Note 3: REPLY WITH A NEWB-FRIENDLY ANSWER!!!

This is what I get for my acquiescence towards Nintendo's update prompts.

2. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    If it cannot be done, please notify me of another way, because I won't care anymore if it uses safehax/fasthax or not.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  4. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    Thank you!

5. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    More Questions:
    1. Are there .cia files for dsiware? I heard if they are signed, you can install them via the 3DSX version of FBI in the Homebrew Launcher

2. If there are, would dsiwarehax work if you install signed .cia files? (with the adequate size of it)

6. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    dsiwarehax games NEED to be bought from the eshop and cannot be pirated in any way for the game and save to properly transfer over to the other console

7. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    Alright, thanks

8. LeafAce
    OP

LeafAce Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2017
    United States
    Okay, so I think I got cfw and luma on my old 3ds (they also told me to update it before that, so i did)

The only problem is that after I launch hbl via download play, I go to FBI and it tells me that an exception occured. Now if I remember correctly, this o3ds was at 11.2 before 3ds.guide told me to update it. It also created a dump file which is called crash_dump_00000000.dmp