Homebrew 3ds supports html5

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Switch to Google Chome... Firefox just isn't that good... (If you hate Google, any chromium based browser should work.)

My browser:

YOUR BROWSER SCORES 511 OUT OF 555 POINTS
You are using Chrome Dev 40.0.2214.69 on Windows 10

You can't just say how "good" a browser is based solely on it's html5 support.
By the way, how are you enjoying your keylogger?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can't just say how "good" a browser is based solely on it's html5 support.
By the way, how are you enjoying your keylogger?
esEM2Sc.jpg

HTML5 support is only one of the many benchmarks in which Google Chrome comes on top. Yes, it collects location data, that's how it shows you search results relevant to you. When I'm looking for Pizza Hut, I want to be directed to the Pizza Hut two blocks away, not a Pizza Hut in Nebraska. You can disable those features if you don't want to take advantage of them, they're all available in the settings.
on a similar note...does wiiU have html5? i tried watching a livestreme and it ask for flash player...
Yes, it does support HTML5 to a limited extent. Chances are that the website you visited either used exclusively Flash, used HTML5 commands the browser did not support and as such the site attempted to switch to Flash or did not recognize the browser properly.

Reactions: Margen67

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
esEM2Sc.jpg

HTML5 support is only one of the many benchmarks in which Google Chrome comes on top. Yes, it collects location data, that's how it shows you search results relevant to you. When I'm looking for Pizza Hut, I want to be directed to the Pizza Hut two blocks away, not a Pizza Hut in Nebraska. You can disable those features if you don't want to take advantage of them, they're all available in the settings.

When I said keylogger I meant windows 10.
And I like my tinfoil hat. Even if I've put it on backwards (Nintendo also profiles it's users).

Protip: You won't be directed to a pizza hut in another country, because sites know your IP. Also, filter bubble.
Also, benchmarks alone shouldn't be the reason why you pick a browser, especially now, when the difference in performance between browsers is minimal. Try them, and pick the tool which fits you best.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
When I said keylogger I meant windows 10.
And I like my tinfoil hat. Even if I've put it on backwards (Nintendo also profiles it's users).

Protip: You won't be directed to a pizza hut in another country, because sites know your IP. Also, filter bubble.
Also, benchmarks alone shouldn't be the reason why you pick a browser, especially now, when the difference in performance between browsers is minimal. Try them, and pick the tool which fits you best.
Minimal my ass, but okay. If it's up to the user to pick whichever browser suits them, why complain about people using Chrome? On top of that, why complain about people using Windows 10? It's an excellent OS, possibly more so than 8.1, I can't wait for the retail release. Just because you use eccentric OS'es and browsers doesn't mean that everybody else does. As for sites knowing my IP, in the age of DHCP connections and proxying just about every connection for security reasons your point is completely irrelevant.

Reactions: Margen67

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Minimal my ass, but okay. If it's up to the user to pick whichever browser suits them, why complain about people using Chrome? On top of that, why complain about people using Windows 10? It's an excellent OS, possibly more so than 8.1, I can't wait for the retail release. Just because you use eccentric OS'es and browsers doesn't mean that everybody else does.

Nowhere in my posts can you see me caring about whatever browser someone is using. At least, that's not what I meant. All I said, was that you can't claim a specific browser is so much "better" than another just because it supports some HTML5 elements nobody uses currently.
I don't really like windows 10, but I don't feel like I'm the type to start flaming over it. I was just poking fun at it.

As for sites knowing my IP, in the age of DHCP connections and proxying just about every connection for security reasons your point is completely irrelevant.

You don't even know what DHCP is, do you?
Do you use a proxy? No? Then any website can know your IP address and country: http://www.whatismyip.com/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You don't even know what DHCP is, do you?
"Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a client/server protocol that automatically provides an Internet Protocol (IP) host with its IP address and other related configuration information such as the subnet mask and default gateway."

It's exactly what I said it is. IP's reflect an approximation of location at best, and these days with ISP's mostly using dynamic IP's unless the user requests a static one, that approximation can be several cities off.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
"Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a client/server protocol that automatically provides an Internet Protocol (IP) host with its IP address and other related configuration information such as the subnet mask and default gateway."

It's exactly what I said it is.

Except for the fact that countries and regions are given a fixed IP range to use, with which you can determine from which country and region an IP is, so if google is smart, they won't tell you about a pizza hut in Nebraska, unless you're physically there, or are using a proxy located there.
http://www.nirsoft.net/countryip/

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Except for the fact that countries and regions are given a fixed IP range to use, with which you can determine from which country and region an IP is, so if google is remotely smart, they won't tell you about a pizza hut in Nebraska, unless you're physically there, or are using a proxy located there.
Okay kiddo, if you say so.

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no dice, no mater what user agent i use it still asking for flash 11. damn nintendo need to get the xfinity tv app already!
Probably a poor job on xfinity's part. If they'd just use feature detection and switch to html5 video if supported instead of using ancient UA/OS checks like we're in the late 90s it'd just work...

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a poor job on xfinity's part. If they'd just use feature detection and switch to html5 video if supported instead of using ancient UA/OS checks like we're in the late 90s it'd just work...

very true what kinda websites havent updated to html5 yet!? especially such a big company like xfinity.. but still i would love a xfinity app like on my old xbox 360...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup