Gaming 3DS Store Kiosk Demos?

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, I was at a brick-and-mortar store (I forget which one tbh), and I saw they had a 3DS or 3DS XL with essentially a library of every demo game ever.

When you hit the home button, it would go back to a screen with a screenshot/title card on the top and a "play demo" button on the bottom. You could switch with L/R or by pressing arrows on the touchscreen.

Since then I have not seen this anywhere. Most stores have either a Mario game, some have retail carts in there, others have some Trend Savvy thing.

I collect not-for-resale 3DS demos (when they show up on eBay and so on) and am really curious if that's some sort of super cartridge, a special demo 3DS, or what. Anyone know?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
A while ago, I was at a brick-and-mortar store (I forget which one tbh), and I saw they had a 3DS or 3DS XL with essentially a library of every demo game ever.

When you hit the home button, it would go back to a screen with a screenshot/title card on the top and a "play demo" button on the bottom. You could switch with L/R or by pressing arrows on the touchscreen.

Since then I have not seen this anywhere. Most stores have either a Mario game, some have retail carts in there, others have some Trend Savvy thing.

I collect not-for-resale 3DS demos (when they show up on eBay and so on) and am really curious if that's some sort of super cartridge, a special demo 3DS, or what. Anyone know?

I don't know about the 3DS but the WiiU demo unit has the exact same layout with the scrollable demo screenshots, it was possibly a special demo cartridge in your case.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U has at least two different demos as GameStop's has a playable demo of Rayman (and no other game) where stores like Target and Walmart just have videos and no playable demos.

I'm specifically curious about the 3DS though since A. I don't have a Wii U and B. it's too new to have demo stuff surface online

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?