OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for quick reply!!!
Rom is on c:\
Romtool is in same root dir
Os is windows 7 32 bit on mac. (Tried using fusion and a complete reboot into native windows using boot camp)
It may be a mac / pc compatibilty problem but running windows natively using boot camp (should) be exactly the same as running on any window pc.
I have the same problem on my copy of Windows 7. I think Windows doesn't like people using the root of C drive. Making a directory in C drive called "ROMS"(or whatever you choose), and in put your 3DS roms and rom_tool in there. You should be able to use rom_tool in there without problems. And I'll see what I can do about making a MAC compatible version of rom_tool.

chris mather

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same problem on my copy of Windows 7. I think Windows doesn't like people using the root of C drive. Making a directory in C drive called "ROMS"(or whatever you choose), and in put your 3DS roms and rom_tool in there. You should be able to use rom_tool in there without problems. And I'll see what I can do about making a MAC compatible version of rom_tool.
Awesome works a treat. You are such a cool mofo!
A mac executable would be great and save a bit of bother for us little old mac users!
(if you need me to test anything feel free to give me a shout and I will gladly oblige)
Thanks again dude.
Chris.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A mac executable would be great and save a bit of bother for us little old mac users!
Well it just became a reality. You can now download the mac version of rom_tool. It's compiled/tested on Mountain Lion (10.8.3). However I'm running Mountain Lion from VMWare, so confirmation from user(s) running this on an actual Mac would be great.

chris mather

Trophies
XP
Country
Well it just became a reality. You can now download the mac version of rom_tool. It's compiled/tested on Mountain Lion (10.8.3). However I'm running Mountain Lion from VMWare, so confirmation from user(s) running this on an actual Mac would be great.

That is excellent news! Thank you again for your help and commitment to the tool.
Chris.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have always been rubbish with CMD as i'm sure alot of other people on these forums are. is there gonna be a simple GUI version in the future....................sudeki300

glass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is Pokemon Y untrimmable? (I didn't check X version)
When I try to trim it it gives the error "rom is malformed". I'm pretty sure the file isn't corrupted and I can see its infos.
This is its md5 if anyone can confirm: 9016851fe8e1e0d18ad0558ab74baa3e
Maybe rom_tool fails with that game?

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is Pokemon Y untrimmable? (I didn't check X version)
When I try to trim it it gives the error "rom is malformed". I'm pretty sure the file isn't corrupted and I can see its infos.
This is its md5 if anyone can confirm: 9016851fe8e1e0d18ad0558ab74baa3e
Maybe rom_tool fails with that game?

is working on me o.o, both is working fine with trimming or super trimming. md5 for pokemon Y is 9016851fe8e1e0d18ad0558ab74baa3e is seems match with your file.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that's strange...
Btw I'm using the rom_tool on linux, compiled from source, downloaded yesterday.
The cause of that error is rom_tool thinks the ROM has an incorrect size. It's possible retrieved values used to determine if the size is correct, may not be obtained properly in linux, I had to jump some hoops to get it to work on Mac OS X and that might have broken something for linux. I'll look at it tomorrow morning.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to version 2.9. Trying to get the linux version working again has opened a can of worms. I don't know when linux will be fully supported again :/.

Change log (v2.9):
* Extraction of NCSD Partitions should no longer bottleneck RAM
* Save Encryption is now determined
* The condition of the NCSD File Image, is displayed (Full Size, Trimmed, SuperTrimmed)
* An issue has been identified in Linux, and Linux versions will not work with large (>=2GB) roms.
* Checking the Size of the ROM has been improved

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for the update. By the way, I found a minor error in this last version.
Sin título.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu