Hardware 3DS reservations at GameStop

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to photoshop a receipt.

I sent the day going around to no less than 10 different gamestops. Asking each one if I could reserve the nintendo 3ds. One gamestop said they never even heard of it. The other 9 said reserving of 3ds for non-employs of gamestop won't be avaiable until the launch date has been set.

I spoke with a regional manager and he had this to say "Any gamestops taking costumer preorders at this time are breaking a signed agreement with nintendo. This agreement states any gamestop and/or their afillites shall not be taking costumer preorders pior to offical launch details of a console are released to the general public by nintendo."

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if u think about it, its 5 dollars to preorder a video game which goes from 30-60 dollars. And there asking for 50 dollars? thats alot for a console im gunna go with its somewhere between,$250-400$

B3astinSnipes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i beleive the photo because its some kind of proof, im not beleiving chartube because words arent proof,give us audio recording then will beleive u but then u will say audio can be edited well then i quess no one will know. -__-

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
chartube12 said:
It's not hard to photoshop a receipt.

I sent the day going around to no less than 10 different gamestops. Asking each one if I could reserve the nintendo 3ds. One gamestop said they never even heard of it. The other 9 said reserving of 3ds for non-employs of gamestop won't be avaiable until the launch date has been set.

I spoke with a regional manager and he had this to say "Any gamestops taking costumer preorders at this time are breaking a signed agreement with nintendo. This agreement states any gamestop and/or their afillites shall not be taking costumer preorders pior to offical launch details of a console are released to the general public by nintendo."
It's real.
Go to a GameStop and tell them to look up SKU 020132 on their system.

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eighteen said:
Me totally learned my lesson about preordering stuff like games and these things >.>
me will never ever preorder those again because, when me preorder.. usually 2 days before official release me see it EVERYWHERE at the stores..
but nuuuuuu me can't buy those then because me already payed at a random store for a preorder >.<
it's useless
dry.gif

me will just wait till the stores got them, and me buy them myself right there!!
chronotrigger_sprite_ayla.gif

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My mom just broke up with my father so we're totally broke.
But she met a nice guy so maybe I'll have the money in March.
If not, I'll be angry as hell
mad.gif
Especially at my friend because he's going to annoy me with his 3DS.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting down $50 for a preorder couldn't hurt, but I imagine you might lose the ability to chose the system color. I'm guessing that the first people to pick up their preorder will have first choice over the color, so many people might wind up with blue (which I don't want). Worst case scenerio, is you could hope that large stores like Bestbuy have a plethora of systems at launch, and you could always use the $50 down at GameStop towards games instead.

When the PSP first launched, I walked into the local Bestbuy and they had 85 units at 6:30pm (they opened at 9:00am). I'm hoping that Nintendo has taken the extra time to produce a large amount of launch units, to where I can pick one up without preordering. I wouldn't count on it though.

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will be 269.99. but nintendo has not decided if it will include a game cartridge or extra 3DSiWare. it could be 299.99 with a game cartridge. they will include some shitty dsiware with the 269.99 package, but it will be crap like those brain age games, but they will be shitty games that show off a little bit of 3d. they havent decided what they want to do yet so thats why no price is set. they plan to set a price by feb 12th.
they just dont know if they are going to offer 3ds with a game cartridge yet. but the basic system will be $269. and they want to try to include a game with the system and sAve customers $10 by buying the system with the came card included. but they dont know of they can do that yet because of manufacturing costs.

also theres going to be a game where u can shoot your own 3d videos and it has a lot of memory in the game card for storing your videos that you record. and u can edit them in the 3ds game and save them with crazy effects. it will be like a 3d mario paint with video sort of, but mario wont be in it. mii's might be. ii dont know much else about that, but its supposed to be cool. they originally wanted to include it with the system, but the game is still in production and they wanted to be done with it by now, and they also thought it was too advanced for younger kids.

i wasnt really supposed to tell anyone the price, but i dont think the mods here will get mad cuz they want to know that stuff too

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steves334 said:
it will be 269.99. but nintendo has not decided if it will include a game cartridge or extra 3DSiWare. it could be 299.99 with a game cartridge. they will include some shitty dsiware with the 269.99 package, but it will be crap like those brain age games, but they will be shitty games that show off a little bit of 3d. they havent decided what they want to do yet so thats why no price is set. they plan to set a price by feb 12th.
they just dont know if they are going to offer 3ds with a game cartridge yet. but the basic system will be $269. and they want to try to include a game with the system and sAve customers $10 by buying the system with the came card included. but they dont know of they can do that yet because of manufacturing costs.

also theres going to be a game where u can shoot your own 3d videos and it has a lot of memory in the game card for storing your videos that you record. and u can edit them in the 3ds game and save them with crazy effects. it will be like a 3d mario paint with video sort of, but mario wont be in it. mii's might be. ii dont know much else about that, but its supposed to be cool. they originally wanted to include it with the system, but the game is still in production and they wanted to be done with it by now, and they also thought it was too advanced for younger kids.

i wasnt really supposed to tell anyone the price, but i dont think the mods here will get mad cuz they want to know that stuff too
ummm link please...
unsure.gif

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
steves334 said:

75a431acbdf36966ab6160efd71264d4_d2b31d03ef0a082307123116.gif

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
ummm link please...
unsure.gif

link? its not something i read online. its from someone i know from overseas who was in the usa for christmas andgave me more info in person. and if i said which 3ds game he's been working on he might get in trouble and lose his job cuz hes startin a new game in feb when he goes back to work when he gets home.

JsdMaNintendo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahhhh, you beat me to it. I was just about to post this. Lol, I'm sure it's everywhere by now.
And so you guys know, some GameStop's have it set for a minimum deposit of $25, although most of them are opting for the $50 deposit.

USD that is.

Net_Bastard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steves334 said:
KingVamp said:
ummm link please...
unsure.gif

link? its not something i read online. its from someone i know from overseas who was in the usa for christmas andgave me more info in person. and if i said which 3ds game he's been working on he might get in trouble and lose his job cuz hes startin a new game in feb when he goes back to work when he gets home.

OMG I totally believe you...

The 3DS was announced at ¥25,000 in Japan, the same price as the Wii was in Japan. The Wii was $250 at release. I'd expect the 3DS to be the same price.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyrule2008 said:
I think set a Price by 12.2 would be to late ?!

Yeah seriously.

February 12:
Reggie: "Hey guys! Guess what! The 3DS will cost $XXX dollars in your local stores NEXT MONTH!
biggrin.gif
Better get your ass to a GameStop, because you've got no time at all."
*everyone floods out of the conference room*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q