3DS refusing to read any SD/SDHC card

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Supakitsune, Jan 2, 2012.

Jan 2, 2012
  1. Supakitsune
    OP

Newcomer Supakitsune Member

United States
    Okay, I'm about ready to lose my shit here. I copied all the data off of the SD card included with the 3DS, and put it on an 8GB microSDHC card, so I could have more space for games and such on my 3DS. Note that I didn't delete or format anything off the original SD card. Now, I popped the 8GB microSD into its included adapter, popped it into the 3DS, and... nothing. No response whatsoever, none of my games showed up on the home screen. I went to the System Settings and checked the Software menu... "There is no accessible software data". I tried another microSD card adapter with the same SD card, same thing. Then I tried the original SD card...and I got the same thing??? My 3DS is now refusing to work with any SD cards whatsoever, even the one I just copied files off of and left otherwise untouched. How the hell am I supposed to fix this?

2. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I popped in a 16gb micro card w/ adapter and sometimes when i opened up my 3ds the games on the card wouldnt show up. I went from a patriot adapter to a transcend one and seemed to fix the issue. Also before using the micro, i formatted with SDFormatter v3.1 then transfered my data. Still doesnt explain why your original SD doesnt work. Backup your original, format it, then recopy data back and try it again. Maybe air out SD contacts in case their dirty.

3. haxan

Member haxan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    guys try the lock thing on the side>>>> IT HAPPEND TO ME BTW!

4. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    not sure about supa but i always check the lock. Mines working perfectly, not sure why supa is having those issues. Could be dirty contacts.