3DS Possible brick updating A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Games&Stuff, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Games&Stuff
    OP

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    A while ago, I installed a9lh by compiling my OTP into an arm9loaderhax.3dsx with this https://felipejfc.com/a9lh and later on AuReinand.

Recently, there came an update for a9lh and I wanted to install it. I used this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND) . I followed the part with the prepatory work and the instructions in the thread of the SafeA9LHinstaller. I updated stage2 and it said "succeeded" and then asked me to power off or return to the homemenu, I rebooted and now my 3ds just hangs on a black screen, blue power ligh on and no internet light.

I've tried to launch Decrypt9WIP but that didn't work either. My 3ds is very likely bricked, but I would like to have a confirmation as someone said to me that as long that there is no bootrom error, there may be a little chance my 3ds can still be alive.

Any help is appreciated! :)

2. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    Do you have any nand backups? A hardmod can still save your 3ds.

I believe that the homebrew displays a warning for stage2 only updates, that you must use only that feature if you are updating to the same a9lh fork you were in.

Games&Stuff likes this.
  3. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    It's recoverable, but for all purposes, it's bricked right now until you hardmod and flash back. Chances are your original 3DSX and the one you installed are using two different forks. Not recommended to do Stage2 only, and think the latest version (1.5) of SafeA9LH prevents it outright (requiring both stage1/2)

Games&Stuff likes this.
  4. Games&Stuff
    OP

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    I still have backups of one nandbackup on my computer.

At first, I though I was using the good fork, but now I'm not so sure :unsure:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I would've done a hardmod, but my problem is that I don't have a soldering iron at home :/

5. princeken09

princeken09 그 "멋진" 남자

Nov 7, 2011
    서울
    You can ask someone that knows how, or bring it to someone who do hardmod services.

That's the tough part of A9LH, as there's no indication on what fork you were in and what fork you are updating to. That's why they're planning to just remove the stage2 updater completely and go with full installs.

Games&Stuff likes this.
  6. Faolan

Faolan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    So if I used clouda9lh to compile and install a9lh how would I go about installing safe a9lh?