Alucard8000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello everyone,

Recently (like 4 months back) I got myself a EU/AU 3DS XL, I knew the 3DS was region locked, but I got the Eu one anyway because MOST consoles shipped here are PAL unless they're hacked, but to my surprise it turned out that my country is region confused (lol?) regarding the 3DS specificaly, they ship both EU and US 3DS'here.

After thorough investigation, it turned out that my country is supposed to be getting US 3DS' instead of EU ones, they even made official Middle East versions of some sort and those are considered US , but instead they get both consoles, with US ones being more dominant.

Anyway, after being bummed out that EU games are very few and expensive here (I only managed to get like 3 games) and that theres no hope for a region unlock from nintendo, I decided to sell off my EU 3DS XL for around 190$ along with its games.

Now im pretty confused whether to get another 3DS XL or just a regular 3DS
I liked the XL because of its huge screen and extended battery life, which were pretty amazing.
but then I noticed that the regular 3DS has considerably louder speakers, and the smaller screen allows for sharper images (it also looks very stylish if I may add)

Also on the topic of games and regions: a US version of Kingdom Hearts 3D never made it here, I only managed to find a EU one.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the XL. First off, the "considerably louder speakers" are only slightly louder and shouldn't be the reason you decide on either one. As for the resolution its almost damn near impossible to distinguish the 2 unless your playing certain games. It means nothing tbh. Im guessing you've never used a regular 3DS, because once you touch the XL first the original 3DS feels "off". Besides the obvious smaller screen, the 3DS is a fingerprint magnet, has sharper edges so its not comfortable in the hands, and the Home Buttons are TERRIBLE!!!!! The Stylus is also misplaced making it a hassle to reach for each time you play. The 3DS screen doesnt even have the little nubs on top to stop your screen from getting scratched when you close it.

Also keep in mind that future accessories made by Nintendo for the 3DS are now more focused on the XL then the original. Heres a video that helped me decide which to get.

hnguyen2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go get a 3ds XL it'w way better than a 3DS because a huge screen and I really love mine blue 3DS XL and told my friends that she might get one as well.

Riyus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, you should definitely get the 3DS XL. It's way more comfortable to hold than the 3DS especially with bigger hands.

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the speaker is bad on the 3DS XL though, and the battery won't be as good as my current 3DS's with the Nyko battery pack that I want to buy. Does the 3DS XL have a battery pack? And are you guys sure its worth it?

fossda

Trophies
XP
Country
I heard the speaker is bad on the 3DS XL though, and the battery won't be as good as my current 3DS's with the Nyko battery pack that I want to buy. Does the 3DS XL have a battery pack? And are you guys sure its worth it?
I have both a 3DS and a 3DS XL, and the sound quality sounds the same for me. The 3DS XL has much better battery life than the 3DS without a battery pack, not sure if the 3DS lasts longer than the 3DS XL with a battery pack on the 3DS.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Recently (like 4 months back) I got myself a EU/AU 3DS XL, I knew the 3DS was region locked, but I got the Eu one anyway because MOST consoles shipped here are PAL unless they're hacked, but to my surprise it turned out that my country is region confused (lol?) regarding the 3DS specificaly, they ship both EU and US 3DS'here.

After thorough investigation, it turned out that my country is supposed to be getting US 3DS' instead of EU ones, they even made official Middle East versions of some sort and those are considered US , but instead they get both consoles, with US ones being more dominant.

Anyway, after being bummed out that EU games are very few and expensive here (I only managed to get like 3 games) and that theres no hope for a region unlock from nintendo, I decided to sell off my EU 3DS XL for around 190$ along with its games.

Now im pretty confused whether to get another 3DS XL or just a regular 3DSI liked the XL because of its huge screen and extended battery life, which were pretty amazing.but then I noticed that the regular 3DS has considerably louder speakers, and the smaller screen allows for sharper images (it also looks very stylish if I may add)

Also on the topic of games and regions: a US version of Kingdom Hearts 3D never made it here, I only managed to find a EU one.

If you don't mind having to wear cargo pants everytime you go out to log the XL around then you should get the XL but keep this in mind cargo pants & winter don't mix on the other hand you have a regular 3DS that can fit in your pants pockets with ease which means good bye cargo pants & no cold winter days .

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3DS XL is miles better than the original one.

Here are a couple of reasons why buying the 3DS XL instead of the original one
  • The original 3DS bottom screen scratches the top screen, this does not happen with 3DS XL
  • The stylus is much better positioned
  • The battery lasts longer
  • Screens are 90% bigger
  • SD card is bigger, it's 4 GB while the original 3DS come with a 2GB one.
  • DS games look better on 3DS XL
  • While obviously bigger, 3DS XL is slimmer than the original one
  • Round Corners, preventing your hands to get cramped and making it more confortable to use

Yeloazndevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I had the original 3DS I hardly used it since my hands cramped up a lot from it being too small. Once I got the XL I actually play with it more since it fits perfectly in my hands and I like the bigger screens

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless money is an issue, get the XL. The XL is more comfortable to hold, the battery lasts better, it feels more durable, the select start and home buttons are physical buttons, the screens have an anti-reflective coating, and the larger screens are less straining to view.

In short, unless you're tight on money, get the 3DS XL.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind having to wear cargo pants everytime you go out to log the XL around then you should get the XL but keep this in mind cargo pants & winter don't mix on the other hand you have a regular 3DS that can fit in your pants pockets with ease which means good bye cargo pants & no cold winter days .
If you're young, yeah.

The XL fits in my pockets perfectly fine I wear slim jeans.

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Long post is LOOOOONG!:creep:

I suggest getting the 3DS XL cause it improved a lot from the original 3DS IMO.

My biggest grip with the original 3DS was that the upper screen is basically a mirror, even the black borders around it.

(Though I do agree that the games are a bit sharper on it and it has a louder speakers but trust me when you go the XL route you wont go back)

And judging from your flag, I see that you are from Bahrain too!

So far the cheapest US 3DS XL I saw in Bahrain was in a shop called Geekay games in Bahrain City Center for 90BD~238$ (System only though it seems they sold out...they might get more soon) or 100BD~265$ (System with installed game of Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land)

I bought from them a blue 3DS XL with an installed MK7 for 100BD~265$ and I can confirm that it comes with firmware Ver 4.4.0-10U (If you're interested in getting that Gateway flash card derp thing)

OR If you're interested in buying the normal one, the cheapest one I bought was for 50BD~133$ from a shop called Mental Games in Isa Town(They actually have 2 shops there :huh:)but you must tell them that you want the system only or they will charge an extra 5BD~13$ for a clone DS flash card.

By the way my 3DS & 3DS XL are the Middle East version and both have a logo on their boxes that says this:

U.A.E
Saudi Arabia
Official Product

Reactions: Alucard8000

Alucard8000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Long post is LOOOOONG!:creep:

I suggest getting the 3DS XL cause it improved a lot from the original 3DS IMO.

My biggest grip with the original 3DS was that the upper screen is basically a mirror, even the black borders around it.

(Though I do agree that the games are a bit sharper on it and it has a louder speakers but trust me when you go the XL route you wont go back)

And judging from your flag, I see that you are from Bahrain too!

So far the cheapest US 3DS XL I saw in Bahrain was in a shop called Geekay games in Bahrain City Center for 90BD~238$ (System only though it seems they sold out...they might get more soon) or 100BD~265$ (System with installed game of Mario Kart 7 or Super Mario 3D Land)

I bought from them a blue 3DS XL with an installed MK7 for 100BD~265$ and I can confirm that it comes with firmware Ver 4.4.0-10U (If you're interested in getting that Gateway flash card derp thing)

OR If you're interested in buying the normal one, the cheapest one I bought was for 50BD~133$ from a shop called Mental Games in Isa Town(They actually have 2 shops there :huh:)but you must tell them that you want the system only or they will charge an extra 5BD~13$ for a clone DS flash card.

By the way my 3DS & 3DS XL are the Middle East version and both have a logo on their boxes that says this:

U.A.E
Saudi Arabia
Official Product

Omg, you are a saint sent from heaven my friend, thank you.
I actually bought my EU 3DS XL from Geekay the first time (for 92BD :wtf: ), well now I sold it, im looking for the Middle East version.
The regular 3DS price is very tempting if I may add, 50BD is nothing for a Handheld as good as this.
Also just to clear things out, the 90BD 3DS XL is the US one right? cuz I remember the EU 3DS was around 92BD.

As for the Middle East versions, they're considered US if I recall correctly, right?

Sorry but I really dont wanna mess up the regions when I buy this 3DS XL :blink:

BAHIM Z 360

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Omg, you are a saint sent from heaven my friend, thank you.
I actually bought my EU 3DS XL from Geekay the first time (for 92BD :wtf: ), well now I sold it, im looking for the Middle East version.
The regular 3DS price is very tempting if I may add, 50BD is nothing for a Handheld as good as this.
Also just to clear things out, the 90BD 3DS XL is the US one right? cuz I remember the EU 3DS was around 92BD.

As for the Middle East versions, they're considered US if I recall correctly, right?

Sorry but I really dont wanna mess up the regions when I buy this 3DS XL :blink:

Geekay games used to sell the US XL for 90BD months ago but last month when I went to buy mine he only had those 3DS XL Middle East versions with installed games for 100BD and tons of EU 3DS XLs (I actually wanted to buy the 90BD one but oh well)

And yes the Middle East versions comes with US region (I have 2 Middle East versions 3DS with the same region to confirm that)

Be sure to ask the cashier guy about the region of the 3DS XL before buying just to be safe!:teach:
You could also ask them to get you that 90BD US 3DS XL if they don't have it.

And by the way where did sell your EU 3DS?
Is there a shop here in Bahrain that buys used systems?

(And if you want a shop that sell a lot US 3DS games you should go to Euphoria in Seef Mall near Magic Island,you might find Kingdom Hearts 3D there)

Alucard8000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Geekay games used to sell the US XL for 90BD months ago but last month when I went to buy mine he only had those 3DS XL Middle East versions with installed games for 100BD and tons of EU 3DS XLs (I actually wanted to buy the 90BD one but oh well)

And yes the Middle East versions comes with US region (I have 2 Middle East versions 3DS with the same region to confirm that)

Be sure to ask the cashier guy about the region of the 3DS XL before buying just to be safe!:teach:
You could also ask them to get you that 90BD US 3DS XL if they don't have it.

And by the way where did sell your EU 3DS?
Is there a shop here in Bahrain that buys used systems?

(And if you want a shop that sell a lot US 3DS games you should go to Euphoria in Seef Mall near Magic Island,you might find Kingdom Hearts 3D there)

I'll make sure I ask him about the region, even though I can tell by just looking at the rating system printed on the 3DS XL box (ESRB US, PEGI EU) and I'll ask him to get the 90BD version

Also, I actually sold it to someone through Bahrainforums, Shops would buy it for a crappy price as low as 15BD I heardm so I didn't bother,

I checked Euphoria's website, they brought in KH 3D US. :creep:

BAHIM Z 360

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'll make sure I ask him about the region, even though I can tell by just looking at the rating system printed on the 3DS XL box (ESRB US, PEGI EU) and I'll ask him to get the 90BD version

Also, I actually sold it to someone through Bahrainforums, Shops would buy it for a crappy price as low as 15BD I heardm so I didn't bother,

I checked Euphoria's website, they brought in KH 3D US. :creep:

Whelp glad I could help somehow, given how nobody gives a crap about the 3DS here in BAH :lol:

Honestly EU consoles are always a pain in my book so start avoiding them from now on :glare:

And good luck in getting KH 3D!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT