Hardware 3DS Not delayed after earthquake

Kayouu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SAN FRANCISCO (Dow Jones)- Nintendo Co. (7974.OK, NTDOY) said the U.S. launch of its newest handheld videogame player will not be hampered by the earthquake that struck Japan.

A U.S. representative for the Kyoto-based company said the company has enough supplies for the March 27 launch of the Nintendo 3DS handheld. The earthquake should not affect supplies, the representative added.

Nintendo released its 3-D enabled handheld videogame device to long lines on Feb. 26 in Japan. The 3DS sold out its first batch of shipments to retail outlets in the first two days.

Source : http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110314-710051.html
--
Hoped this wasn't gonna delay anything

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3DS are made (assembled) in china (correct me if I'm wrong), so it shouldn't affect supply.

And that actually quite egoist, worrying about an handheld console release while people are actually dying/have lost everything in Japan.

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering about this, but at the same time the thought of me selfishly thinking about my 3DS, when the people in japan were suffering, kinda made me feel bad :X

Any confirmation about the shipment to Europe?

The Phantom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The shipments are already on the boats besides the 3DS is built in China and even if there's Japanese there's likely to be stockpiles at the Chinese factories.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm like iMasaru, I was wondering but thought it was inappropriate to ask for the time being. Actually allowing them to continue their sales will give them money to start rebuilding.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
The supplies might be enough for the launch day, but will Nintendo be able to continue producing & supplying new 3DSes afterwards ?

The console might be assembled in China, but I remember Pica200 was produced by a relatively small, Japan-based company. Will they be able to deliver the GPU after the tsunami ?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're thinking about the situation too hard... It's not impolite to wonder or ask about delays and such to a company... A company isn't a living thing even if it has the legal rights of one in some countries...

Now if you went up and asked an average Japanese person that may be a bit more... offensive. Or if you said something like "My 3DS better not be delayed because some stupid earthquake"... That would be offensive.

That said, this press release was 100% aimed at stock holders anyways... More of a "look, we're still selling the consoles so don't take your money away" as stock holders ARE soulless bastards who don't care about things like earthquakes... Only money.

Kayouu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally not inappropriate to ask, Japans stocks are plummeting fast and they need stuff like this helping them get money to rebuild. I'm an american and isn't america helping Japan didn't we help in Haiti? So does that make me a bad person? Where were other countries when we had hurricane issues and needed help? Yeah we are one of the most powerful countries but everyone can use help. Obviously their situation is much more severe, but with too many people in such a small place its always bound to happen. So I wonder if it's shipped from China then.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a perfectly acceptable question; it isn't like not asking the question until some time later will change what's already happening.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2