3DS + MP3

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Frouzo, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011

3DS + MP3 by Frouzo at 1:02 PM (1,734 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Frouzo
    OP

Newcomer Frouzo Newbie

Czech Republic
    Hello guys, [​IMG]

I ve been searching for it for some time but unluckily i couldn´t find anything about MP3 player for 3DS.
    There was some word about being able to play "soundtracks for various games" but that doesn´t explain if i´m able to copy and play my mp3s or not.

To make it short:
    1) Can 3DS play Mp3 on its own ?
    If not ->
    2) While using Acekard, is it still possible ? And if yes, does it sound better than Nintendo DS lite or is the quality as bad as it was on lite ?

2. pachura

Member pachura GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Yes, 3DS plays MP3s (and AACs). This is standard functionality.

3. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

I think that it can play mp3 but I'm not really sure. You can play mp3 files using the acekard if you use moonshell.

4. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    The 3DS can play mp3s on its own, in the musich channel. Just place the mp3 files anywhere on the SD card.
    I don't quite understand the second question. If your asking if its possible to play mp3s while playing a game, then that is entirely up to whoever mad that game.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I'm willing to bet it'll be the same quality as it was on the DS/Lite. While common sense would state that the older speakers sounded crappy and speakers on a new device in the same branch would be a better quality, I remember reading that the DS's sound software-(use of the hardware) was balls.

EDIT: To clarify I'm talking about using moonshell in DS mode.