ROM Hack 3DS Mii Modifier (Computer Utility)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 87,786
  • Replies 400
  • Likes 24
D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, I've been away for a while and will have to catch up with some of the stuff.
Looking at getting another 3DS soon for development, but good progress guys.
I'll take a look at the data we found once I get another 3DS and see what stuff I can add.
Of course this is done in my free time, so any development is all dependent on how busy I am.

Kylezo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, some questions:

I suppose I don't understand how Miis work exactly, but why can't you just create a second mii and modify that one, then say switch to it in Plaza? What is the difference between a "selected" mii and a "personal" mii?

I modified my mii's (both) to gold pants succesfully (booya!) but, is there a way to make this work on emunand? I read something in this thread about running ext dumper from HBL launched in emunand, but I thought I did that and it still only gave me modified sysnand miis.

This tool is amazing btw! I'm sure I'll be using HxD on these guys in no time...

D

Deleted User

OP
The personal Mii is linked to your NNID (if you have one), and I don't believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that even without an NNID you can change the personal Mii you selected during initial setup.

Still haven't been able to test it with emuNAND. As you can tell from my earlier posts, I bricked my 3DS. I do have a backup, but I'm not willing to downgrade that one (it's on 9.9) just to test. I am looking to get a new one, so fingers crossed :)

Thanks for the kind words! :D

Reactions: DrakeLyon

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can change my Personal Mii no problem, adjust it however I want.
Two ways to do it, edit the Mii in Mii Maker, or to update the NNID Mii, edit it through Nintendo Network Settings.
-----------------
EDIT:
They both will edit the personal Mii, but only the latter will edit the NNID Mii.

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Extending explanation.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still haven't found what identifies a Mii as foreign (the system id we all believed to be 4 bytes is actually 8, but bytes E-F also matter (maybe they're some checksum of the previous ones?)... while I figured out that a Mii's position on the grid, and maybe even its copy permission, is part of the Mii id!

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still haven't found what identifies a Mii as foreign (the system id we all believed to be 4 bytes is actually 8, but bytes E-F also matter (maybe they're some checksum of the previous ones?)... while I figured out that a Mii's position on the grid, and maybe even its copy permission, is part of the Mii id!
00 to FF is one byte.
00000000 to FFFFFFFF is four bytes.
---------------
The system ID marks it as foriegn, the system ID is four bytes.

I have solved someone's problem with editing their foriegn personal mii by making it native already.
The positioning is handled by one or two bytes near the front of the mii's hex strip.

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Adding details.

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You said you couldn't find what marked a mii as foriegn, so I told you.
You also said that positioning in the mii maker was handled by the mii ID, which it is not.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah, didn't see the edit!

But it's definitely true that the mii id controls position: compare database backups before and after drag&drop and you will see that position is the 2nd byte of a Mii (the high nibble is position on page, the low one page number!)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here are the research cases I used!

Attachments

• Mii samples.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 104

that girl

Entrepreneur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have changed the pisition of Miis without ever touching their IDs, if what you said is true, then I have preformed miracles.
------------
EDIT:
And I mean by editing CFL_DB.dat, not by using mii maker.
------------
EDIT:
(I had put it's instead of their in previous rendition, which was a typo in a typo, as it's is "it is" and its is 'belonging to it'.)

Last edited by that girl, , Reason: Adding missed text…
Reactions: Ryccardo

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 Golden Mii of each color xD

1461654750-01.png

1461654755-02.png
1461654758-03.png

1461655053-04.png
1461655054-05.png

Reactions: Ryccardo
D

Deleted User

OP
Woah! Thanks for over 1600 downloads guys!
I never expected this to become this popular! :yaynds:

Still working on getting that new 3DS, so sorry for the wait, but time takes its course sometimes.

Keep on Mii modifying and I will let you guys know when I get that new 3DS! :yaynds:

Reactions: A_Random_Guy
D

Deleted User

OP
@Pippin666
Sorry, I have no idea, but you can test by making a backup of your CFL_DB.dat and restoring that one again if something goes wrong after modifying.

Nyap

HTML Noob
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
someone plz. it doesn't even work for me in a win10 virtual machine

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this program is terrible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4