Gaming .3ds Launch Time

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Generally, how much time does it take between a game release (more specifically, Pokémon series, but other games are OK too) and their .3ds release on the internet?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Generally, how much time does it take between a game release (more specifically, Pokémon series, but other games are OK too) and their .3ds release on the internet?
As soon as someone who can dump it, buys it and dumps it.
May be a couple of hours. May be days.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shouldn't take long at all for big games like pokemon
This, .3ds (and crap cia conversions) are usually dumped 2 days before launch due to preorders (hell, Monster Hunter X had over a week of advantage)

Titlekeys and thus proper cias, well, can be dumped and leaked in minutes after the official launch, and will take some days to appear on the index website!

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, .3ds (and crap cia conversions) are usually dumped 2 days before launch due to preorders (hell, Monster Hunter X had over a week of advantage)

Titlekeys and thus proper cias, well, can be dumped and leaked in minutes after the official launch, and will take some days to appear on the index website!

Why are the .cia versions crap? If anything .cia is nicer than .3ds in that you don't have to patch them to properly use the online features of the game.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why are the .cia versions crap? If anything .cia is nicer than .3ds in that you don't have to patch them to properly use the online features of the game.
I did not say cia is inferior to 3ds, I said cias converted from 3ds are inferior [to ones downloaded directly via titlekeys] as their ticket is completely made up and, if they're of the kind that's not updated with another title but the application is replaced, can't be updated on-console :)
I also said that a majority of the stuff available on the download websites has been altered (region free patches, cryptofixing, etc) which too is very undesirable if you're an archivist!

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did not say cia is inferior to 3ds, I said cias converted from 3ds are inferior [to ones downloaded directly via titlekeys] as their ticket is completely made up and, if they're of the kind that's not updated with another title but the application is replaced, can't be updated on-console :)
I also said that a majority of the stuff available on the download websites has been altered (region free patches, cryptofixing, etc) which too is very undesirable if you're an archivist!
So titlekeys only matter for .cias?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.