3DS Hands-on Impressions

Jediknightjace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What am I looking forward to most? It's not the 3D, the analog stick, the gyroscope, or the graphics.
It's easily the games. I mean, let's look at just some of the awesome games already announced:
  • Assassin's Creed
  • a Batman game (probably carpy, but just imagine if it's an Arkham Asylum port or spinoff!)
  • Cave Story 3D
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Layton Kyouju vs Gyakuten Saiban (!!!)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
  • Mega Man Legends 3
  • Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
  • Ninja Gaiden
  • a new Nintendogs (now with cats!)
  • Paper Mario
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
  • Project Love Plus
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
  • Sims 3
  • Splinter Cell
  • Super Mario Bros. 3DS
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
  • Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games
Pretty much the most epic list-of-games-announced-before-the-console's-release ever!

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Myself personally, like the potential for good games as well for the race for 3DS flashcards that are able to run 3DS dumps. I also hope that the system becomes "jail-broken" so that home-brew could be freely run on it. GBA, GBC, SNES, NES, and GB emulators anyone?

I already decided that I am not going to get a 3DS on launch day but to wait it out for Either Star Fox 3D or Zelda OOT 3D, which ever one comes out first.

Am I worried that I may not be able to get a 3DS for MONTHS due to some BS like controlled stock for raised hype or something like that? No I am not. Although, if I find out that it could be an entire YEAR till I could buy a 3DS I may just forget about getting the dang thing altogether. I'm not going to play the pre-order hustle game anymore. BITE ME GAMESTOP!

Also, in case of a shortage...NO BLUE 3DS, NO SALE!

QUOTE said:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Hold up....PERSONA!? As in PERSONA 1!? Dang...

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:
Am I worried that I may not be able to get a 3DS for MONTHS due to some BS like controlled stock for raised hype or something like that? No I am not. Although, ....

QUOTE said:

Or maybe a huge Earthquake/tsunami/multi nuclear powerplant meltdown in japan?

Jediknightjace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
I already decided that I am not going to get a 3DS on launch day but to wait it out for Either Star Fox 3D or Zelda OOT 3D, which ever one comes out first.

Am I worried that I may not be able to get a 3DS for MONTHS due to some BS like controlled stock for raised hype or something like that? No I am not. Although, if I find out that it could be an entire YEAR till I could buy a 3DS I may just forget about getting the dang thing altogether. I'm not going to play the pre-order hustle game anymore. BITE ME GAMESTOP!

Yeah, I'm gonna wait for the rush to die down as well. I want to get a 3DS after a bunch of good games have been released, and maybe see if I can get one for cheaper as well. I may not get one until next year, I'm patient.

DJ91990 said:

I don't know. Atlus simply said they were making a Persona game for the 3DS. I personally am hoping for a Persona 4 Portable or Persona 5.

QUOTE(Sheimi @ Mar 19 2011, 10:01 AM)
My dad will be sending me the rest of the money for the 3DS. yay

I hate you right now.
tongue.gif

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Really the 3D effect is not what really got me into it(I think is just a gimmick) is the fact that it has better graphics than the DS and hell lot of better games.
waiting for a Smash Bros and Pokemon game for it

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Necron N.N said:
I don't have problems with 3D, so the motion sickness shouldn't be a problem. But with those drawbacks (short stylus, bad stick positioning) I'll wait for the lite version of 3DS (even though designers said it was a little difficult, with the desires of Nintendo to make more cash, it will be released)
A Lite version r u serious??? its soo tiny right now I'm waiting for an XL version

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
DJ91990 said:
QUOTE said:
No, we don't know which Persona yet, it hasn't been confirmed which one yet.
I think its probably Persona 1 with some enhancements. Devil Survivor was on the list and it was just an remake of the DS version.

monkeyscripter

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have the 3DS system and I do feel quite excited with the Street Fighter 3D implementation. But the Ridge Racer fall flat cause the viewing angle is not wide enough and the graphics is worse than PSP and the gameplay is still the same when Ridge Racer was release decades ago... I really love the built-in games (AR and the Balloon-Face Shooting game) If you're getting a 3DS, you don't need any game when lauched, just play with the built in games...

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
machomuu said:
DJ91990 said:
QUOTE said:

No, we don't know which Persona yet, it hasn't been confirmed which one yet.
I think its probably Persona 1 with some enhancements. Devil Survivor was on the list and it was just an remake of the DS version.
That was already done for PSP. Where did you see a Devil Survivor remake for 3DS?

QUOTE(monkeyscripter @ Mar 20 2011, 06:51 AM)
But the Ridge Racer fall flat cause the viewing angle is not wide enough and the graphics is worse than PSP and the gameplay is still the same when Ridge Racer was release decades ago...
What is wrong with Ridge Racer? GT and Forza haven't changed that much (beyond new tracks, online play, and the like) in all there versions just like RR. I haven't seen RR gameplay vids yet, but every RR game I've seen has pushed the system pretty hard for a launch title. After seeing what LoZ3D looked like in person, I don't put much faith in screenshots and any gameplay vids that aren't direct feed. Most screenshots (that I've seen) show tearing and jaggies and I saw nothing of the sort when I played it.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for link. Not sure why they would remake it as you can play the original on the 3DS. I should be happy though, my ex has my copy.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for better games with a better gaming experience. As well as more internet interactive (online play) games. With better graphics and faster processer, and more varied connectivity we should end up seeing a slew of great new games comming. This has great potential of becoming a nice little multimedia game machine with movies, .mp3 files, and better connectivity. Also with backward compatibility there are already a ton of games to play. Looking also for a better shop channel than that of the DSI. Most of the DSIware seems pretty lame. Hope they will have better games for the 3DSware.

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What am i looking forward to? nothing there are no games worth buying this for right now, and there is defently not going to be any mod chips anytime soon....ask me again when mario kart comes out.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant wait until Sunday. Dont really understand about people waiting for price-drops though, you'd have to be insane to think there would be anything before the end of the year. And if anything, i'd think the console would be harder to find when the good games start flowing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...