ROM Hack 3DS Hacking

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't reallly paid attention to 3ds hacking but is this the hack i'm suppose to use https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki ? if yes, i dont understand how to read the chart in part 1 even thought there's an explanation at top....can someone help me out? also, must i be online?
How do you not understand the chart? It's fairly straightforward. What is your 3DS's current system firmware? Look in System Settings for that.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you not understand the chart? It's fairly straightforward. What is your 3DS's current system firmware? Look in System Settings for that.

i basically dont understand the explination of what he's saying..it's confusing the hell out of me for some reason

The two columns of the chart refer to the last number of your version (which corresponds to the browser version installed to the system). If the version is -0 then you do not have a browser, while any number above -0 indicates a browser is installed.

The "from" and "to" fields are inclusive. This means that, for example, the "from 9.0.0 to 9.2.0" row includes 9.0.0, 9.1.0, and 9.2.0.

In the case of "5.0.0-0U" for example, you would follow the "No Browser" column and 5.0.0 to 5.1.0 row because the system is on the a system version in that range and has no browser installed.
especially the bold part

i also dont understand what dictates for me to use the very right one the one to the left of that. i also dont understand the explination like "+ (4.X.X or 6.X.X) Cart Update thenDecrypt9 (MSET)" what does that even suppose to mean

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i basically dont understand the explination of what he's saying..it's confusing the hell out of me for some reason

especially the bold part

i also dont understand what dictates for me to use the very right one the one to the left of that. i also dont understand the explination like "+ (4.X.X or 6.X.X) Cart Update thenDecrypt9 (MSET)" what does that even suppose to mean
Wow... I can't even... First of all, what is your current firmware version?

That bolded part means that if, for example, your system version is 3.7.0-0, the -0 means you do not have a working browser, so you would have to use the No Browser method. If your system version was 10.7.0-32, the -32 means you have a working browser so you would use the Browser method. If the number after the (-) in your system version is greater than 0, you use the Browser method.

I'm now going to try to explain what you asked about the 4.X.X or 6.X.X cart update. The 4.X.X or 6.X.X cart update means the game cartridge needs at least a 4.X.X or 6.X.X game cartridge in order to run in your system. After you do the cart update, you then click on the Decrypt9 (MSET) link and follow those instructions.

This is all pretty straightforward stuff if you've done any kind of reading on 3DS hacking.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... I can't even... First of all, what is your current firmware version?

That bolded part means that if, for example, your system version is 3.7.0-0, the -0 means you do not have a working browser, so you would have to use the No Browser method. If your system version was 10.7.0-32, the -32 means you have a working browser so you would use the Browser method. If the number after the (-) in your system version is greater than 0, you use the Browser method.

I'm now going to try to explain what you asked about the 4.X.X or 6.X.X cart update. The 4.X.X or 6.X.X cart update means the game cartridge needs at least a 4.X.X or 6.X.X game cartridge in order to run in your system. After you do the cart update, you then click on the Decrypt9 (MSET) link and follow those instructions.

This is all pretty straightforward stuff if you've done any kind of reading on 3DS hacking.

thanks...i just some how can't get it to work... they aren't all on -0 on the last digit (if im understanding it right). i've tried it on on a 3ds, 3dsxl, the new xl 5 machines. firmware ranges from 7.2 ~ 9.2

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks...i just some how can't get it to work... they aren't all on -0 on the last digit (if im understanding it right). i've tried it on on a 3ds, 3dsxl, the new xl 5 machines. firmware ranges from 7.2 ~ 9.2
Give me a list of all of your system firmwares please and I'll point you in the right direction. I just need your system firmwares. And I mean the full system firmware, including the number after the (-).

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.2.0-20U x2
9.1.0-20J x2
old 3ds...can't remember exactly 7.x.0-16J from what i remember

New 3DS is most current firmware japanese

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
run homebrew main, dump carts as sub (as in from physical to sd just so i dont' have to carry multiple carts)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, i got a PS3 as an early birthday gift