GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
do KI has ANY violence level?
It's action and damage style are akin to Super Smash Bros., if you can honestly consider that "violent."

Anyway, I've only owned about7 or so 3DS games, so here's my recommendations in order (only saying ones I own).

1) Kid Icarus: Uprising- easily the "killer app" for 3DS right now, in my opinion. A great campaign (12-15 hours long), and great online. It's also EXTREMELY extensive in content with the different difficulties and endless weapons and built-in achievement system (similar to the ones in Kirby Air Ride and Super Smash Bros. Brawl). If your hand gets cramped up from the stylus controls, I suggest grabbing a thumb stylus from dealextreme or ebay. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/finger-stylus-for-ds-dsl-dsi-ndsi-ll-black-33314?item=2

2) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D- Some people might say this game doesn't have much to offer, but at least for me, the stunning new visuals were just amazing. I remember I had just completed a run of the N64 version like a month before buying this, and I still wasn't bored. It has one of the best 3D effects I've seen on the 3DS thus far, the visuals are amazing, and the tweaks to the game mechanics to make sword slashing more accurate, etc are very welcome. Also includes Master Quest and boss gauntlet modes.

3) Super Mario 3D Land- It felt a bit too easy, and the "extra" content of completing everything felt way too much like grinding. But aside from that, it's a solid Mario platformer, and definitely more original than NSMB2 is, I'm sure.

4) Mario Kart 7- What can I say? It feels like a full-fledged Mario Kart game on handhelds, with great online (mind you, I haven't played a Mario Kart game since 64 before this one).

5) Star Fox 64 3D- Has the best 3D visuals I've seen, along with Zelda 3D. It's great if you're a fan of the original, but as someone who never played the original, it just felt WAY too short to me, unless you go back and replay it a bunch of times to get all the different missions and endings. I remember I was done with the "main" game in less than an hour after I got it.

6) Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition- This is my first Street Fighter game, and it's a nice, solid fighting game. The touchscreen commands for combos make the game accessible for Street Fighter noobs like me (even though it can get annoying online, where it often becomes a fireball spam-fest). The online is pretty good too, though there's occasional lag. And it has some of the best matchmaking I've seen, too.

7) Spider-Man: Edge of Time- Eh, it was ok, but not that good. I wouldn't recommend it. Only played the first hour or two, and it already felt monotonous and boring. I wasn't able to play further because my cartridge died for some reason.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 person

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I LAUGH AT EVERYONE ELSES SUGGESTIONS!
You are a man of impeccable taste.
Seriously the game is basically Fire Emblem+GR/X-COM and is even designed by Jullian Gollop
Has a pretty lengthy campaign and tons of extra missions, and while story/characters are pretty average, the gameplay is great for any SRPG fan

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.