Hacking 3ds game logging

nPrime2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been torn between an AceKard 2i and a SCDSTwo. I'm leaning toward the Acekard.

My question concerns the backlog. How are those cards treated in the log? As Flashcards, as the original DS titles, etc...? Will either cause problems? Also, where do game files save? On the flashcart, or on the 3ds sd card?

Much appreciated.

nPrime2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both cards log the same way? I thought Acekard and SCDS2 loaded differently due to chipset differences. Also, I plan on using Akaio on the Acekard. Will that make a difference?

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
3ds saves on the cartridge too, in fact some games can't be traded in because the sav is undeletable (e.g. RE mercanries) through the game/3ds ,though I think they can be deleted using an nds adapter plus!

nPrime2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really just dont want to lose the ability to use the eshop (or void my warranty if i can avoid it). I got on the Ambassador program, and I'd be WAY pissed. lol

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
nPrime2000 said:
Both cards log the same way? I thought Acekard and SCDS2 loaded differently due to chipset differences. Also, I plan on using Akaio on the Acekard. Will that make a difference?

They log as different DS original titles. I believe the Acekard loads up as Chessmaster (or Dorasu, not sure which with the latest firmware update). Not sure about the DS2. AKAIO has nothing to do with firmware whatsoever, remember that AKAIO is just the loader and not firmware for future references. If you do end up using the Acekard, make sure it's either A)Preupdated to the latest firmware or B)Make sure you have a DS/Lite so you are able to update to the latest firmware to work on your 3DS. Same with the DS2.

QUOTE(nPrime2000 @ Aug 27 2011, 03:50 PM) I really just dont want to lose the ability to use the eshop (or void my warranty if i can avoid it). I got on the Ambassador program, and I'd be WAY pissed. lol

You won't lose the ability to use the eShop, there is NO WAY for Nintendo to know if you used a flashcard unless you have them repair it, and even then NOBODY has been banned from online features at all.

loco365

Trophies
XP
thiago.fisica said:
And about the Acekard2i load as Dorasu cartridge ??

I am worried about my american 3ds is showing a japanese game in the log.
You shouldn't worry- I have a Japanese Heart Gold icon in my menu. I think they'll understand if you have import games in there.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yeah don't worry about it, you're just a new Doarasu fan
tongue.gif

D

Deleted-236924

suprgamr232 said:
Right, DS games aren't region locked so you can play any DS games on the 3DS. I emphasized the DS part because I'm sure someone will misread that. 3DS games ARE region locked!
It's up to the developer.
So far I'm pretty sure every 3DS game is region locked.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
nPrime2000 said:
Lots of love for the SuperCard. Is it really worth paying double the Acekard?

It has a lot more features than the Acekard does, such as a small processor in the card itself that lets you play most GBA games and SNES games without having to use a 3-in-1, which is quite the handy feature. But I'd prefer Acekard over Supercards because 1) It's cheaper 2) it's always got great compatibility 3) Devs are very fast at updating when there is an update to the 3DS and 4) Overall a better card for people who are new and for those that only are about DS games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents