Hacking 3ds froze while installing game, can't boot.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using FreeShop to downgrade my AC:NL version (I have the tickets for both so don't worry ;)), so I removed the previous version I had of AC:NL, I made a backup of that save data, and I deleted the game. After that, I used FreeShop to reinstall AC:NL, (the one that doesn't say welcome amiibo) and freeshop froze while I was installing it, so (me being really stupid,) I turned off the 3ds while it was installing. Now, it won't boot, but I can access godmode9 and other luma payloads. I was thinking to go in CTRNAND using gm9 and uninstall the game. Is that possible?

TL;DR: I restarted the system while freeshop was installing a game and froze, boots to black screen, can access gm9 and other payloads, I think I just need to uninstall the game. Could someone walk me through uninstalling it? I also don't have a current NAND backup, so I wouldn't like to use it.

edit: I am creating a nand backup now

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the NAND became corrupted now, making a backup is somewhat useless. As restoring it will result on a corrupted system.
The backup MUST had been made before adding anything new to the 3DS, so you had a way to restore it.

Check if your memory card is OK.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was making a nand backup, because I was going to go in the ctrnand and delete the title, and I usually am so careful about stuff like this. Lucky me forgot to put a backup before now :wacko: but I will check the memory card now.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might be an easier way to fix your problem, but worst case scenario, either one of these options should fix your problem:
  • Use GodMode9 to restore a NAND backup from before the problem occurred.
  • Use GodMode9 to perform a 9.2 CTRNAND transfer.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the long response! I finally got back and I found a nand backup from 11.2, but some of the games aren't showing, but it still has the data. Should I reinstall the tickets?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the long response! I finally got back and I found a nand backup from 11.2, but some of the games aren't showing, but it still has the data. Should I reinstall the tickets?
You will need to reinstall those tickets, yes. That goes for anything you installed after you dumped that NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work