3DS Folder creation hack? might be on to something

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FlameHelix, Feb 12, 2012.

1. FlameHelix
    OP

FlameHelix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2011
    potato land (is reel place belief me)
    So I was messing around in my 3DS SD card, thinking I could do something to help out the SD hack theory, and I went into to this ROOT/G:/Nintendo 3DS/(longasskey)/(anotherlongasskey)/title/00040000/ And I made this folder called '00059400' I don't know why it was called that i just thought of it randomly, and I left it empty. I put the SD card back into my 3DS, and I got a letterbox notification, opened letterbox and I have this weird icon, I clicked on it and it said something like Unable to open this letter at this time or any other time. Pic: [​IMG]

2. Arschkrampi

Arschkrampi The Purple Avenger

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Sorry to disappoint you,
    the letter you got is a Letter from the tutorial girl with a new valentines paper.
    Everyone gets that letter.
    You will be able to open it on 02/14

*g* Just coincidence

3. Avari

Avari Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2012
    Netherlands
    I just tried to recreate this but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see.. I don't see anything special when I turn my 3DS back on.

EDIT: Ah that explains it. I already thought it was weird :P

4. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    lol, the letter you received is from Nintendo and contains a new valentines day stationary.
    Letterbox is it's own application and does not rely on folders on your SD.

5. FlameHelix
    OP

FlameHelix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2011
    potato land (is reel place belief me)
    Oh :'( got my hopes high as well, damn it when are they going to make a working flashcart! [​IMG]

6. fishykipper

fishykipper pkmn breeder

Jul 19, 2009
    United Kingdom
    lolz, thanks for clearing this up. i did wonder if it was something to do with valentines day.
    sweet, new stationary ftw!!!