3ds download play hax possible

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hacksn5s4, Oct 30, 2015.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    so ive got 3ds but my non main one i messed up ironfall save file and browser hax was patched i have ironhax and theme hax on my main 3ds but i want it on my second on to so would it be possible to make a hans hack for a game that has 3ds download play then use 3ds download play and it triggers the exploit. This would be use ful if your firends have homebrew but you don't and you can't get it due to browser hax being patched. some one should ask about this to smea.

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Oct 30, 2015
    Abcdfv likes this.

2. seb5049

seb5049 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2015
    Please. Stop the dumb ass questions.

98otiss, HyperT, NoNAND and 19 others like this.
  3. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    not dumb cause it seems possble if you patch a game with hans so when you use 3ds download play with it on other 3ds it triggers exploit

Ammako, Abcdfv and Margen67 like this.
  4. seb5049

seb5049 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 25, 2015
    Nope. It's dumb.

5. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    There actually has to be an exploit somewhere. You can't just patch a game to run a non-existent exploit. Also patching a game for an exploit is pointless, as most of the time the xploit is found in game and isn't patched/injected in anyway.

Abcdfv and Margen67 like this.
  6. pdapanda

pdapanda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 19, 2014
    Switzerland
    If there is actually an entrypoint . It's possible.
    In fact , one kind of recent psv scene is based on downloadplay.

Abcdfv likes this.
  7. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    Well, just so you know, exploits aren't found like "ow well let's see today... What will I hack... Oh! I know! Let's do Download Play, it will be fun!".
    If we have so few *known* exploit games so far (like 5~6) out of a total of hundreds of 3DS games, it's because there is a flaw in the way those softwares works in the first place (for example, in Ironfall or OOT, there is a flaw when the save is loaded ; with BrowserHax / TubeHax, it was a flaw in Webkit, etc etc). It's *not* because the software seems to download or load something that it is exploitable. If it was, trust me, we would have an e-shop exploit, a Mii Maker exploit, a Theme Menu exploit...
    So maybe that it is indeed possible there is a flaw in the way Download Play works, but in any case, we can't be sure there's one, nor if it is exploitable...

xJoelituh and Abcdfv like this.
  8. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    its is not finding an exploit ok its patching a exploit into a game with hans the game has download play muitplayer option then you go onto second 3ds and use ds download play on the game since the game was patched with hans on hte other 3ds the download play will also have modified content i tested this with mario kart custom tracks so if you were to patch an exploit into one of the tracks with hans it could work

Abcdfv likes this.
  9. Baccabechoppin

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    One does not simply patch an exploit into a game, an exploit has to be found in a game. NOT ADDED TO IT

Abcdfv likes this.
  10. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    but it can be added to the game if you hack the game never said it would be easy but it looks like it could work

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Oct 30, 2015
    Abcdfv likes this.
  11. Acryt

Acryt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    I get what you're trying to say, but I'm going to assume this has already been tested as it's sort of a given to these guys that would be one of the first things they would try.

If you could download play an exploited game to another, I have a feeling it'd already be something we knew about ages ago.

Last edited by Acryt, Oct 30, 2015
    Abcdfv likes this.
  12. Baccabechoppin

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    If the game has something that can be exploited an exploit is possible, however adding an exploit to a game is impossible (To my understanding), people have already asked about the ability to launch exploits through download play and nothing has come out of it, therefore it is not possible

Abcdfv likes this.
  13. Mrrraou

Mrrraou GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    Packets and the game downloaded are signed and can't be modified. Nintendo signs these with its own private key. It can't be faked.

14. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    The way I see it, something like this would only be remotely possible if you had an exploitable game like Ironfall and somehow had a backup of your specific copy version that's exploitable, patching it over. So you'd need to have already backed it up in case something went awry. Otherwise I doubt this would happen.

Abcdfv likes this.
  15. Mrrraou

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    Not possible. If you have a backup of it, just replace it on your SD card.

Last edited by Mrrraou, Oct 30, 2015
    Abcdfv likes this.
  16. Pandaxclone2

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    I'm not the expert on this stuff. Just theorising.

Abcdfv likes this.
  17. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    No, just no.

Abcdfv likes this.
  18. DutchyDutch

DutchyDutch COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL

Nov 16, 2014
    Netherlands
    Chill out. He was just asking a question.
    You do know you are not helping at all right? All you're saying is ''hurr durr, your question is dumb, I'm more smart'
    Don't even fucking bother to reply to a thread if you don't have jack shit to say.

You know what a better reply would be? ''Not possible because ... Try using the search function next time.''
    Not only you, but some other people as well. This place is made for questions.

19. Mrrraou

Oct 17, 2015
    France
    Abcdfv likes this.
  20. Author

Author ****NEWS**FLASH**** 1 /̵͇̿̿/'̿-̅-̅-̅''

Aug 30, 2014
    GBAtemp
    im so fucking mad dude dont ask for exploits

hey guys does anyone know how to create a miimakerhax or a miiversehax or a GAME NOTES HAX????????????

Subtle Demise and Abcdfv like this.