Homebrew 3DS Crashing when connected to internet

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea here? I'm on 11.8.0-41U.

Whenever I turn on my system and wait a few seconds on the home screen (Like 5 seconds) I get the ARM11 error screen.
I have determined if I turn off Wi-Fi/NFC Options before it crashes the system, it will not crash at all. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?
I've made no recent changes recently at all. I haven't played my 3DS in a few months so I have no idea.

Last edited by Grmmish,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea here? I'm on 11.8.0-41U.

Whenever I turn on my system and wait a few seconds on the home screen (Like 5 seconds) I get the ARM11 error screen.
I have determined if I turn off Wi-Fi/NFC Options before it crashes the system, it will not crash at all. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here?
I've made no recent changes recently at all. I haven't played my 3DS in a few months so I have no idea.
Sounds like a bad or broken WiFi module

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do explain. Why would that crash my system in this way? And how could I fix this? (How did it even happen...)

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do explain. Why would that crash my system in this way? And how could I fix this? (How did it even happen...)
If the WiFi module is bad this will happen so go to eBay or aliexpress and buy a replacement

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After doing testing before inadvertently buying this, I disabled ARM11 exception handlers through Luma Menu.
Now I can connect to the internet without causing the system to crash. However, I went in the Friends' Menu and it says "To use this service, a system update is required."
I thought we could still play online without being connected tot he latest firmware? (Hence me being annoyed by the "A new system update is available" pop up yet still playing online)

I'm beginning to believe that popup was glitched and caused my 3DS to crash when it was meant to appear? Now it isn't popping up at all even while connected to the internet.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After doing testing before inadvertently buying this, I disabled ARM11 exception handlers through Luma Menu.
Now I can connect to the internet without causing the system to crash. However, I went in the Friends' Menu and it says "To use this service, a system update is required."
I thought we could still play online without being connected tot he latest firmware? (Hence me being annoyed by the "A new system update is available" pop up yet still playing online)

I'm beginning to believe that popup was glitched and caused my 3DS to crash when it was meant to appear? Now it isn't popping up at all even while connected to the internet.
Update your 3ds

Grmmish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See the other example threads listed in this one.

IT was already mentioned and you are as well.
My 3DS connects to the internet just fine. I can go online. Internet browser. Nothing is wrong with my connection or wifi module.

Update your 3ds

Only reason I haven't done that is because I wasn't sure how stable the new one is. LOL

Also, the popup DID come back up even though I said it didn't. It just was after I returned to the HOME menu after playing a game a bit.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My 3DS connects to the internet just fine. I can go online. Internet browser. Nothing is wrong with my connection or wifi module.

Only reason I haven't done that is because I wasn't sure how stable the new one is. LOL

Also, the popup DID come back up even though I said it didn't. It just was after I returned to the HOME menu after playing a game a bit.
11.8 to 11.13. You have had a LONG time to see how it is. Multiple times over. Its fine. You are not going to lose or have anything bad happen.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

New one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay