3ds crashes when loading a game or app

bluekirby700900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just backed up my 3ds sd card to my computer and no probelms occured but when i try to boot a game or app a luma crash comes up. i might know what the problem is but I have no idea how to solve it, the other day my SD card got formatted and I recovered all the contents on it but i think a few things didnt recover properly although i dont think that is the problem because im just getting the errors now after i backed up my sd card
any help would be very very apriciated

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, I just looked. their .sav format, but they go in NIntendo 3DS/your id0/titles/high id/low id/data. that's where you'll find them. you can do a robocopy with /E iirc to copy them over in the same folder.

Reactions: bluekirby700900

bluekirby700900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could be a problem. saves go in sav folders iirc, but they may be corrupted too. that's within the Nintendo 3DS folder.
if they are not than should i back them up with chepoint that would be quicker but less secure or should i backup from system settings which would take forever, also i have a second micro sd to reinstall everything onto but i dont know how im supposed to reinstall everything, do i just redownload the games manually?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try checkpoint. that's probably what I would do (if it works). as far as reinstalling everything, I don't know. I'm just assuming that things are corrupted now. I'd wait for someone else to chime in. they may have a suggestion I'm overlooking.

Reactions: bluekirby700900

bluekirby700900

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could try checkpoint. that's probably what I would do (if it works). as far as reinstalling everything, I don't know. I'm just assuming that things are corrupted now. I'd wait for someone else to chime in. they may have a suggestion I'm overlooking.
i just have one last question if you know the answer, i have a new sd card and i made a backup seconds before the sd card started erasing stuff, would you know if it is the files and contents that are corrupted or is it the old micro sd? i think there is a chance its the old micro sd as a few weeks ago it corrupted itself but i just want to make sure as corrupting this new one would be terrible

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just have one last question if you know the answer, i have a new sd card and i made a backup seconds before the sd card started erasing stuff, would you know if it is the files and contents that are corrupted or is it the old micro sd? i think there is a chance its the old micro sd as a few weeks ago it corrupted itself but i just want to make sure as corrupting this new one would be terrible
One way to check if an sd card is corrupt/faulty or fake, is to test it with h2testw (with the read & write setting), format it first as Fat32 32kb cluster size, then do the test for both sd cards. If it's faulty it'll tell you, if the other one is okay, you can copy /paste the contents from the old backup you made, and see if it gives you the error again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: