3ds crash, can't start normally

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Macroxx, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Macroxx
    OP

Macroxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2018
    Italy
    I was playing on my 3ds normally, then out of nowhere the screen goes black and gives me the "an error has occured, hold the power button etc.."
    I thought that maybe i tilted or twisted my 3ds without realizing (not really, i was still the whole time). I power off, try to power on and see it takes longer than expected. After a couple of seconds, instead of the normal screen, the luma configuration screen appears.
    What happened and what should i do?

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    1. Remove and reinsert your battery to reset RAM memory.
    2. Take out the SD card. Check if your 3DS is able to boot normally without it.
    3. Copy everything off your card over to your computer.
    4. Reformat the card as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster. Use guiformat if it's bigger than 32 GB.
    5. While empty, do a Full Write + Verify Test with H2testw. If it passes, delete the *.h2w files.
    6. Copy everything back to your card.
    7. Update your custom firmware with the latest Luma3DS v9.1, boot9strap v1.3, and GodMode9 v1.7.1 on both your SD card and CTRNAND.
    8. You may need to additional troubleshooting.
    • Schermo nero all’avvio della SysNAND (Black screen on SysNAND boot)
    • Cancellare gli extdata del menu Home (Clear Home Menu extdata)
    • Schermo nero all’avvio della SysNAND dopo l’installazione di boot9strap (Black screen on SysNAND boot after Installing boot9strap)

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Sep 12, 2018
    NFates, BetterDuck and Macroxx like this.
  3. Macroxx
    OP

Macroxx Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2018
    Italy
    Problem solved! resetting the ram and booting without sd card, still gave me the luma configurations screen, which was discouraging, but i guess it must've been a problem with the card, since doing all the steps up to 6 solved the problem. Thanks!

TurdPooCharger likes this.